Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Monday, February 06, 2006
A great way to save money and earn that extra money!!!
Regardless of how much I have always known the value of saving money, I have never been good at saving money. As long as I have it, and there is need to spend, I spend it. Like a good number of other things that I preach but do not do, saving has always been a habit I preach to everyone but do not practise myself.

However, in recent months, by God's grace, I found a site that has FINALLY, helped me to get a handle on saving. You learn the hard way. It's called ING Direct. In less than 5 years, they have surpassed E-trade to become the largest online bank. I highly recommend it to everyone I know. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, GET ONE!!! YOU CAN EARN A GREAT RETURN ON MONEY THAT YOU WANT ACCESS TO AND YOU DON'T WANT TO PUT AT RISK of stock market and other volatile money earnings media. You can set up auto-deductions from your checking account as you like and have them deposit it in your savings account. which will now earn as high as 4.75% (TILL APRIL 15TH and 3.80% after that) and they are FDIC-insured. That's higher than what most brick-and-mortar banks have (average rate of about 1.22% - pathetic). And it is as high as a lot of Certificate of Deposits (CDs). For example - Capital One CDs. For me, I don't mean to sound this extreme, but I think it will be kind of "unsmart" for anyone to have savings account with any other bank apart from this bank. :) The interest rate is unheard of in most banks' savings account. IF YOU HAVE MONEY IN ANY SAVINGS ACCOUNT, MOVE THE MONEY TO INGDIRECT. IT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE!!! If you have your money in any other type of account in a bank apart from savings, that makes sense, but if it's savings account and you are earning some chump interest, MOVE IT TO INGDIRECT. IT JUST MAKES MORE FINANCIAL SENSE. Don't get me wrong, I am more of a believer in stocks, mutual funds and other money earnings tools, but savings account are very necessary and moreso with ING DIRECT with such a competitive interest rate.

And they have great mortgage rates too among other outstanding finanical products (Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs. With great credit, you can get an excellent mortgage deal with them too. You should check it out. To top it up, a deposit of $25 will be made into your account and $10 into mine if you open an account using me as a referral. Actually, that one, I have to send you an email to make the referral happen. WE BOTH WIN! Lol! You can contact me if you need the referral link and if not, just go and open an account and let your money make some money for you cos that's not the reason I am canvassing for them. Having the extra $10 in my acct is all good, but the more important thing is for anyone to take advantage of the opportunity. The Savings Account APY (interest) says it all among other products that they have too. I know many of us as people are traditionalist and fear new things, but this is a good one! REMEMBER, THEY ARE FDIC-insured and they have GREAT REVIEWS. You can check their reviews online. They are good for the most part. You can start with a comfortable amount and see what happens. I can assure you that in no time, you will increase the amount you have in the account.

And don't worry about the security. It's great! In the past 3 months, that I have been with them, I have had no problem with them. And their customer service agents actually know what they are talking about.

So, do your research about the company and use that tax return money to make more money by depositing it in an ING Direct Savings account before April 15th, rather than a measly 1 to 2.something Wachovia OR Bank of America savings account. Really, having a savings account anywhere else without having one with ING Direct, I would say again, like an analyst said on TV, is kind of dumb! :) Here is the link:

ING Direct

Sincerely,
NyjaGuy
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 11:55 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2/07/2006 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Smoothvibes said…

    so.. how much is ING DIRECT paying you? Mr. Spokesman....

    Lol. Thanks for the info though... I'll look into "it"

     
  • At 2/08/2006 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is there a minimum amount required to start up the account? i've also been looking at some savings measures. the first thought that came to mind when i first saw this post was that maybe you got the idea from a thread in www.naijayouth.com/forum. anyway sha, e-mail me a link when you can. my parents are trying to apply for a mortgage loan so i'll let them know as well. aight then, PEACE

     
  • At 2/08/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to smoothvibes:
    :) Naw. They didn't pay me o! I just get excited about useful tools when I find them. That's all. You should check it out and put some of all that money you have there ;)

    to oyinb69:
    didn't get the idea from anywhere o! :) didn't even know the naijayouth site existed. It's just personal experience.
    I will email you the link. It's a great site for sure.

     
  • At 2/08/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger madeex said…

    u know dats me in ur 1st paragraph in a way,say preach what i don't do but on the real tho,d doe aint flowing but when it starts rolling,i'll hook up with ur link 4sure.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER