Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Thursday, February 23, 2006
When did we start holding a Middle Eastern company to a different standard?
Is that a joke? I know President Bush must have been kidding saying that statement. In recent days, there has been too much hoopla given to the contracting of the operations of 6 of the biggest American ports (New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Miami and one more that I forgot) to Dubai Ports World (a company owned by the United Arab Emirates). It has actually brought both parties "fully united" together against Bush for the first time. Personally, I think that is a very wrong move myself too. It just doesn't make sense. The most annoying part of the whole story is the President stating that he will veto any congress' move to block the deal. This guy has not vetoed anything since he came to office. All of a sudden, he wants to veto the blocking of an Arab country from getting such a highly sensitive contract. This just makes me wonder!!! Why would you say such a thing? I mean, especially when the White House didn't even know about the deal till it was over. That's the kind of deal you want to veto if blocked? Why is this deal so important to him? I mean... Why???

I have never been a fervent critic of this President (which I know is unusal for any black person), but this is it. You cannot give the operation of 6 major US imports to a company that is run by an Arab state. There are enough security issues to worry about in this country. Why add a possibly compromising factor to the existing security issues! For God's sake, Dubai Ports World is state-run company. It's not privately-ownede. The deal just cannot make sense to me, no matter how he tells me… oh….it has been thoroughly scrutinized. Scrutinized my a^&! All it will take is the cousin of one good Dubai Ports World employee to get a manifest of the containers and see which one will or will not be checked and wreak an havoc on the country by sending in deadly weapons into the country. What is this president thinking? I just don't get it!

2 of the September 11th terrorists were from Dubai. I know this might sound racist or whatever but sometimes that's just how it goes. I will hate anyone to stop me from getting a biz because of the fraudulent acts that Nigerians have been known for but the reality remains that anyone will be careful dealing with me in biz because I am a Nigerian and Nigerians (extremely few) have been well-known for being fraudsters. However, with this ports deal, it's a different case. Many terrorists' accounts and money transactions, in general, go through UAE. Dubai Ports World is state-run so it should not be given such a contract. The UAE govt still recognizes the Taliban as the govt in Afghanistan. I just don't think that extra security risk is needed for this country. There are many other companies that I am sure could do this. The country should not hold a Middle Eastern company to a different standard, but it should hold a state-run Middle Eastern company to a different standard. The UAE might have been an ally to the country in years but I don't think that is good enough. It just isn't. This President really needs to THINK CLEARLY. Even if it does make so-called econmic sense in the free trade world that we live in. It just doesn't make security sense or any sense whatsoever! National security should truly be foremost in this situation!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 11:38 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER