Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Fucking black people!!!
I went to this new reggae club in the area on Friday with a friend of mine that I had not hung out with in God-knows-how-long. I had told myself I was no longer going to a club that I couldn't get in for free for a while since some of my coworkers now hold nice parties that I have been getting in for free. But hey, this reggae club was not on me, so why not? Got there at about 12, place had few people and everyone stood on opposite sides of the wall looking at themselves. Kind of reminded me of parties back home in Nyja - stand and look at one another with all the guys on one side and the females on the other side giggling and crap. But the music was great - great music and they had some thangs! Some nice perfect-looking ladies. Some with the artsy look with nice dreads and all. Good stuff. :)

We got our drinks and chilled. The music was great. They had all the hip-hop/r&b-like reggae (TOK, Elephant Man, Sean Paul, Beenie Man) and the classics (Buju Banton and all these reggae songs that I have always known but never knew the perfomers' names). By 12.30/1.00, everyone was on the dance floor. The bumping and grinding wasn't as much some other reggae clubs that I have been to, but it was aight. They had some guys that kind of choreographed the reggae style throughout. Where was I when those guys were pratcising? They were throwing it down big time and as usual, the ladies were all over them. I mean.. what do you expect. :) But all in all the music was flowing big time apart from the playing of songs for like 15 seconds and switching it to another one - that was when it became jumpy. That pissed of especially when they played TOK's Footprints - my #1 right now.

At about 2.20 pm, the party was still jumping and all that and they switched to my Dirty South jams - Lil Wayne's new one, Dem Franchise Boys, D4L, etc. The house went crazy!! I can't believe I actually dance to those songs these days. I used to diss my ex-roommate for dancing to those songs, now, I'm feeling them like crazy. That's what North Cackalacky will do to you. The beats are just very simple and rythmic. Very few instruments but they just flow perfectly. Anywayz, next thing, I saw, the bouncer was holding one guy and about 4 bouncers were holding another guy that held a knife in his hands. WTF? It was like a movie trick. It was so quick and unexpected that if that was a gun, he was holding, he would have shot a lot of people before anyone had a chance to move. I pulled my friend, who was almost peeing in her pants, out of the area to the back of the club while I watched, at least 4 bouncers, try to contain the guy holding a knife. It took them a minute for real. Damn! It was an incredible sight. I've seen a whole lot of fights in my lifetime but I have never seen 4 bouncers try to get a knife from one guy with so much difficulty. Hmmh..., maybe, I have - New Year's day 2005 when it took about 4 bouncers too to get me out of the club. I will leave that story. It wasn't for fighting though - it was the Diesel. After the guy was finally outwitted, I went to the back to pull my friend and we left immediately. It was an interesting sight. She ran like never before to her car and I was there yelling, calm down, I got to watch some more. lol! I had no choice but to follow her, made sure she was ok and she got into her car and I got into mine and left for home. I had to call her the next day to make sure she was ok cos she was in such a undeniable frenzy. lol!

I really don't know why black people always have to mess things up. We just always have to. I don't get it. The annoying thing is fights don't occur at clubs when the club is boring and not jumping; it's when people are having mad fun that they just mess it up. I just feel we do things that make the guy in Crash justified for saying what he said - fucking black people. Why? Why? To deviate a little but in the same line of us as black people messing up, I was reading about Lionel Tate - a guy that killed a 6 yr old when he was 12 while playing wrestling game with her. He was sentenced to life and his conviction later thrown by appeals court and then given a 10 yr probation or so after pleading to a lesser charge but guess what? It was later increased to 15 yrs probation after he was caught carrying a knife with a 4-inch blade. You will think that's enough for him to learn, but naaa. Last yr, he ws caught robbing a pizza delivery man. I mean, WTF? WHYY? Now, he is going to have to go to jail for at least 10 years. The sentencing is in the near future. Why do many of us as black people choose the self-destructing path? I don't get it. I guess there are different reasons.
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 11:20 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3/03/2006 06:11:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said…

    I so feel you on that!
    Black people like to mess up a place where you are having a lot of fun.
    It pisses me off a lot and i feel like knocking them out.

    Its never where you are yawning your head off but where you are bumping and grinding.

     
  • At 3/03/2006 09:13:00 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said…

    I don't know about that... Cos over here in London, it really isn't about black or white or green. There are just loads of crazy a** mofos around the place.

    I wanna see some of these Jamaican men doing their thing cos I hear they are also fantastic in relevant departments!!! LOL!!

    Nyjaguy, hook a sista up! hahahaha!!!

     
  • At 3/03/2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to nneka:
    I know, right!

    to londonbuki:
    fantastic in relevant departments! lol! I like that! Your African brothers have that rep too. Hook a sista up. :) How about I start by hooking you up with me. LMAO!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER