Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Glad they caught him!
On my way to work today while getting my daily dose of NPR, I heard the BBC World newsanchor interview the spokesman for the president of Nigeria. As I listened to Femi Fanikayode answer questions regarding the whole Charles Taylor escape situation, I felt proud to be a Nigerian again. He spoke with clear-cut clarity and fervor. He answered the newsanchor with unprecendented unshakeable stance, giving him very solid though questionable answers. He talked about Nigerian government returning Charles Taylor back to Liberia which the newsanchor rebuffed saying asking why he should not be handed over directly to the UN War Crimes Tribunal presiding in Sierra Leone. Femi gave him a good but questionable answer - that was not the agreement we made with Liberia; our agreement was to return him back to Liberia once a democratically elected governement is in place and they ask for him. I find it hard to believe that was the true agreement they had with Liberia when they decided to give Charles Taylor assylum in Nigeria. Why not just send him directly to the tribunal in Sierra Leone. Why send him to Liberia where we all know he still has a substantial support base and could become a chaos or instability trigger for the country once again. I believe the Nigerian leader, like every other current African-leader-to-become-dictator, that is including the so-called 3rd-therm thirsty Obasanjo, is trying to avoid sending him directly to the tribunal for the fear that he might be called to justice some day too. Those fucking African leaders! They make me sick to the core. Those bastards just feel you have to rule forever. They make me ashamed to say that I am an African! The presidency is not a monarchy. Get out, bastards!!!! ok..I am digressing.

I am glad Charles Taylor was caught by the Nigerian government. This is the 1st time I can remember the Nigerian government making an urgent effectiveness in delivering a reality. His permanent escape would have been very embarassing for Obasanjo considering the fact that he is supposed to be here in US this week meeting with President Bush. I am really glad they caught that guy. I have to admit that Taylor did one good thing - killing Samule Doe [I will correct this since with the help of Paul :) it was brought to my knowledge (as I already knew but for a strange reason forgot all about Yormie Johnson and said it was Taylor) that Doe was killed by Prince Yormie Johnson]. That guy was a terror to his own country. I remember watching how he killed him too. It was definitely gruesome, but that's the price Doe gets for killing people too. He mutilated him one body part at a time. However, Taylor definitely needs to pay for everything else he did, though I disagree with US charging him for crimes related to housing the terrorists that bombed buildings in Kenya and was it Tanzania or so. That charge, I personally believe is just US looking for someone to pin the crime on by all means. He should not be charged with such unverifiable accusations.

Anywayz, the whole Taylor incident ended well and I am glad the assassin is going to be brough to justice. He is on his way to Sierra Leone to face the tribunal. Thank God!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 1:20 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4/02/2006 10:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loads of inaccuracies in your blogs. Prince Yormie Johnson killed Samuel Doe, not Charles Taylor.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Doe

    Please check your facts accurately before posting next time.

     
  • At 4/02/2006 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    thanks for pointing out the "loads of inaccuracies", Mr/Ms Paul. :) I definitely stand to be corrected on that one. Prince Yormie Johnson killed Samuel Doe and I remember that for sure now that you reminded me. I saw the video as a kid for sure but to be frank I have no idea why i thought it was Charles Taylor there. I haven't heard that name (Prince Yormie Johnson) in years since he was eliminated from the war if I'm right by Taylor. That might be a wrong fact too. :) Not sure. That statement was based on my memories and not facts that I had to look up. thanks. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER