Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Monday, March 20, 2006
Why do we guys do that?
All my life, if there is one thing I have seen that is common among guys, it is the quest for more. More of what? Hmmm! I was walking while on a date sometime ago and as we where walking, I saw this girl walking by but I couldn't really look cos my date was right beside me. The girl was a pretty girl with nice body et al. I tried to look at her stylishly in order to avoid my date catching me. This happenned a couple of times that day. I guess as usual, right? :) At a point as we were walking and I was trying to look at some other girl that passed by, I thought to myself, Why? Why do I have to keep looking? Why can't I just pass by her without having to take a more time-consuming look or stare? For God's sake, the girl I'm with is even 20x prettier than her. Hmm...maybe...Naa...it's because she has bigger boobs than the one I'm with... Naaa...it's because her ass is so nice I can actually see it from the front...All these excuses to look at her, regardless of the fact that the lady I am with is prettier than her and moreso, I can't even go and meet her anyway. Helloooo? you're with someone else. This incident got me thinking for a second.

Why do we guys look elsewhere all the time? Why do we have to look at the fine girl at our place of work walking by and already strategize how to approach her. Apart from the seldom reason of not liking the one we are with enough, I could only come to one conclusion that I thought was deeply embedded in guys. There is only one reason I could be looking at that other girl regardless of the fact that a miillion other guys are looking at my own girlfriend and saying to themselves, "Damn....this guy is lucky. Check out his girl." There had to be this deeply embedded reason for me to have girl envy (like my friend calls a love for the food on someone else's plate food envy :)). There always has to be a reason like the psychologists theorize, a theory which I am higly objected to. I don't think there is a reason for every action we take. But this time, I had to agree there had to be a reason. My reason? The thirst for what you don't have. The quest to conquer. The quest to pursue and catch. That's just our problems as guys. We look at a lady and we are there saying to ourselves, if this girl can only say yes to me, I will never look at another woman again. We hustle after her like that statement is actually true. But what do we do once she says yes and the hanky panky is done? Oooooh, I like that one..she is so beautiful...if I can only have her, I will never look at another woman again. The cycle continues. The only reason (ok..yeah, there are others, but one of the main reasons) I am looking at the other pretty girl at the gas station while one is in my car is because I already got the one in my car in my palms so to speak. The one at the gas station? I am yet to conquer. It's a pathetic situation, but I have come to realize that it's an unfair, saddenning and demoralizing reality especially knowing that committed guys and moreso, married men go through the same. The quest to conquer....
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 9:29 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3/20/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    :) I am not, but the reality is those ones that are even above 40 think the same way. they just won't say it out. that's the difference between me and them. the thoughts are there for all guys - old or young. the older ones just don't take action. it stops at the thought. that's where the maturity comes into place.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 12:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG SHEREZADA you nailed it. I was going to ask him how old he is. JTOL, I have found that age doesn't make a man more mature.
    I find that men who think like that are still immature. There comes a time when you realize that the grass is not always greener on the other side. But that takes maturity.
    Thanks for your honest postings though.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Or.. it could be as simple as a true appreciation of beauty. The human form is a work of art. If you are simply looking, you are not actually attempting to conquer. The times when you are pursuing or conquering, so, thats what some people do. Look until they find what they are looking for. Not everyone is on the same timetable when it comes to settling down. Some people are more than ready later in life, having sown their wild oats so to speak. There may be a maturity factor, but so what? If you are truthful about your level of commitment, and practice safe sex then why question it?

     
  • At 3/21/2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    Mehn, Sandra, I feel like you know me from somewhere. lol! "Not everyone is on the same timetable when it comes to settling down. If you are truthful about your level of commitment, and practice safe sex then why question it?" Love that. I wish a lot of people in the world could see things that way. I hate it when I see commited people do things they should not be doing. Always be truthful about your level of commitment. Always!!! That's my core tenet. I think everyone should be truthful about that. Let the other party know what they are working with. It's left to the other party to accept it and deal with it or just back off knowing that's not what he/she wants for him/herself. Though I must admit that even when you are truthful about it, people still hear what they want to hear. A lot of times, as people, we create our own truth, regardless of what the real truth is.

    And in terms of maturity, I am a guy. I talk to so-called mature married and committed men. Many of them go through the same war in their minds, they just don't take any action cos they have someone they are committed to. That's why I love Joyce Meyer's term - the Battlefield of the Mind. Love it! And also, many do take actions, very sad to say, really sad for real.

     
  • At 3/21/2006 06:49:00 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    I thought I posted a comment earlier today but I guess it went into the internet ether. Just saying that you are so right about people often hearing only what they want to hear. I guess all we can do is try.
    I enjoy reading your blog!

     
  • At 3/22/2006 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    thanks, Sandra. I enjoy reading yours too. Very needed for many of us. Got to say, though, hard pills to swallow. :)

     
  • At 3/22/2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    yeah..hard pills, i know. i'm gonna keep trying. though, i'm feeling a bit more cynical this morning.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER