Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Friday, April 28, 2006
Yoruba terms by an igbo female.
A friend of mine (Igbo person) jokingly wanted to prove to me that she could speak Yoruba cos I told her she couldn't. Here is the proof. I thought it was dead funny! Some of the translations are just too funny to me. I had to burst into laughter reading them. Thank God my office mate was not around. LMAO!


I know my yoruba very well and I can prove it. Let me give you some examples.

Eh kpata wofun-Clap your hand

Abi onshere ni?-is something wrong with your head?

Kpele-Sorry

Ma shekpe fuen-I will slap you

Ki loshe omodeyi-What is wrong with this child?

Ema gbami-Don't kill me

Otito-finish

Aladurah- (I don't know what this means) For real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashewo- Free woman-( I think all nigerians and all the igbos know what this means. The igbos react violently when you call them this)..

A song (I know you know this.
Ose o jesu
Bla bla bla bla bla
Ose o jesu
Olorun wa yowa
Ose o jesu
Bamu wa mi yor
Baba ope tamu wa fu yun.
La la la.

HOW DID I DO?

Hmmm...let's seee...how did she do? Only someone who understands Yoruba can say how she did. For me...let's see...what can i say in Igbo? Hmmm...only one statement apart from the greetings...o tun nnegi! Most Igbos get mad at me when I say that, but hey...that's what I was thought in high school by my Igbo friends!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 10:58 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4/28/2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Olawunmi said…

    lol!!!

     
  • At 4/29/2006 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Adaure Achumba said…

    Well shame on you buddy... and to think you know so many igbo people. You bera get 'Cheif Mba' to teach you some..lol.

    As per 'Ma shepe fun e' (which is the right way to write it.. there is no 'kp' consonant in written yoruba language, that's igbo) I always thought it meant ' I will curse you/ put a hex on you' and 'Ma fo eti e' means I will slap you. Hmh Ol'boy if that is the case you need to go back to Ijebu and brush up with 'Akolede Iwe Kini'. They even have the CD 'Je Ka So' ...LOL

     
  • At 4/30/2006 07:09:00 PM, Blogger chrome said…

    lol trust that to be the one you know hahaha. I know the odd word but nothing as effective. what's the yoruba translation? gotta arm myself lol

     
  • At 5/02/2006 05:44:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said…

    Hmm there i was thinking that i know yoruba, no wonder when i "try" to speak it, they laugh at me silly.

    The one i use to trip them is:
    Sho wa kpa, I know i know but hey you have to give me credit for trying.
    AS for igbo that is some difficult language and no more otu......
    You can start by saying....
    Ke kwanu

     
  • At 5/02/2006 06:06:00 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said…

    LOL!!! At lease she knows more Yoruba than I do Ibo... I only know a handful of abuses and that's it... LOL!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER