Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Happy Birthday, Mom!
I am not a poetic or expressive guy at all (like you know mom) but I will say JUST A TINNIE LITTLE PIECE of my KIDDIE mind and freestyle. : )

It has been years since I have seen you face-to-face
But I always thank God that you are the one God gave me to as a son
I remember growing up as a kid
After dad sent you packing
All you cared about was the well-being of me and my siblings
We moved in with Grandma at that dump called Oshodi
You hated that place and vowed to get us out soonest
You worked innumerable jobs
Did the FDA job
Did the minerals bulk sales job
Bought stores and rented them out
You did it all
And truly, in no time, you got us out of that place

I remember our journey to school and to your work was greatly extended
Due to the move
You still did your thing
Cooked our meals the night before with the greatest aunt in the world (Aunty F, I will save yours for another time :) )
Mom, you packaged our meals for the morning
You woke us up in the morning
Made sure we were well-dressed et al
Got us in the car
Made sure we ate our breakfast
In the car
It was difficult
Cos we slept off eating breakfast many times
But I remember you waking our asses up (sorry mom, I know you don't like that :) )
O ya je ounje ye nsin or else... (You better eat that food or else)
You said
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh
My siblings and I thought to ourselves
Or else what mom?
We thought to ourselves
But we dared not think it out
Never, Lailai!
But
Whyyyy, mom
We said
But you just never gave up
You never did
Rather than give up

As time went on, you even brought in many other kids
Taking care of them like they were yours
That always stunned me, I must admit
But I got used to it
I remember how you always got us to study so hard
Quantiative Aptitude, Verbal Reasoning, Brighter Grammar, Larcombe's, Macmillian
Name it
As long as it had to do with our education
You got it for us
I remember how you grilled our lives with Math, Verbal, Sciences et al
Even after a long hard day of work
You still asked for our homework
Checked it
And gave us more for the next day
You made me not just know Math
You made me Math
Like my friends called me in High School

You taught us
How to behave ourselves as kids
You helped us become some of the best-behaved kids ever
One memory I can never forget
Aunty F's mom, GrandAunty came around from Ijebu
At least 2 hrs away
She came with Big GrandAunty
They came
Knocked at the door
Awa ni o, Mama F ati Mama M (It's us, Mama F and Mama M)
E si ilekun (Open the Door)
We looked at them through the peep hole or whatever
E ka san ma (Good Afternoon Ma)
We know you
But Aunty ti ni ka ma si ilekun fun anybody (But Mommy said we should not open the door for anyone)
I know, Aunty, right?
But you know you are our Mom for shizee
They tried
Again...and again
But to no avail
You had told us not to open the door for anyone
No matter who it was
We made them wait outside till you came back at night : )
Till today, they still say it
Nkan ti B' fun awon omo je, mi o mo (Whatever B gave her children, we don't know)

I remember my 10TH birthday party
It was the biggest one
I ever went to
By then
Dad was back
You threw me the best birthday ever
I can never forget it
I still have the pictures here with me

I remember when it was time for Common Entrance (exam into High School)
How you helped me study
How you helped me fill those forms
With our long last name problem : )
Remember, mom?
How I chose FGCE and FGCO
Command exam, Airforce exam, Baptist Boys Jos, Navy Exam, NMS exam
For each one
We went together
You were always there
Early momo
You were there
Driving me
Sometime with my brother and sister coming with us
It was fun
During the exams break
You were always there
Right by the gate
Waiting for me with plate of food
You really are the greatest mom in the world

When the results came out
You were proud of me
No matter what
I remember the trip to Baptist Boys Jos for interview
My brother made it too
You had to carry my sis
On your laps
Bastard Okada airline
We went for the interview
You stood behind us
Like a rock
That YOU DEFINITELY ARE

I can never forget
When it was time to go check Common Entrance results
At Federal Law School, Victoria Island
We rushed to the Notice Board
Huge One
With names of thousands of students
Grouped By schools
Come, let's check FGCE first
I ran behind you
We went there
Ok.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
We scrolled down on the list
Bam
You made it, You made it
You yelled
Ok. Let's go check FGCO
I ran behind you
Feeling on top of the world
I couldn't wait for my Mr Biggs
You had promised me
Since the only McDonalds closed down
Or so
At the FGCO Notice Board
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bam
D, o make e, o make e (you made it, you made it)
You yelled
I was too excited myself
I made both schools
Wow
Unheard of, you said
Great Job
You were dead proud of me

We ran straight to Mr Biggs
I chose everything I wanted
Mr Biggs Burger
Mr Biggs lovely fried rice
Mr Biggs Donut
Ki ni mo je tan (What didn't I eat)?
I can't remember
Too much to remember all
Got some for my siblings too as usual

I can never forget my first day in high school...
You were there for sure

You know what, mom
I could go on and on and on and on and on...
You know the rest, mom

I really just want to say THANK YOU for being the greatest Mother
In the Whole Wide World
Like We said when were kids

For all your travails
For all the clothes
You sacrificed
When all your friends were buying and buying
For themselves
All you cared about were your kids
And other people's kids
Our cousins
And our cousins' cousins

In spite of my being a bad son : )
Not calling you as often as I should
Not sending money to you as often as I feel I should
Not being the most expressive son to you emotionally
Cos the rest have always been more emotional : )
You have still ALWAYS stood behind me

In spite of my obstinateness
And the crazy things I later did to you
Back then
Seemingly being ungrateful for all your hard work
You have stayed solidly behind me

I really have not been the best of son to you since I came here
But I have tried
Maybe not as much
As I could try
But I promise
I will even try harder
Like you definitely know of
In recent years and months

I want you to know that I appreciate you
Immeasurably
Actually I can't even put my appreciation
For you in words
And you know that too, mom
I really appreciate you
And love you with everything inside me

As long as God lives
You will eat the fruit of every one of your children
More than ever before
And of your children's children
And even your children's children's children : )
For sure
You will definitely live to see limitlessly more
Done for you
By me
By us
In Jesus' name

I can't wait to see you
I really look forward to that
I just can't wait
To see that world renonwed gapped unmistakable smile of Mrs .-.!
A pade layo o! (God keep us till then)

YOU ARE DEFINITELY THE LOVELIEST MOM
I LOVE YOU MOM
AUNTY GBOGBO AIYE (Everybody's Aunty)
Like everyone always calls you
YOU ROCK, MOM! : )
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY
HIP HIP HIP HOOORAY!!!!
And many decades more to come for sure in Jesus' name!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 4:01 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 5/17/2006 11:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you should print this out and give it to her, or better yet tell her all of this and try to reminisce the good times with her. And i'm sure she's proud of her son too. I love when i see guys express love for their mothers.

     
  • At 5/18/2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    "In spite of my being a bad son : )"
    this is very hard to imagine.
    but the good news is that mothers understand. she forgives your every mistake or unmade call without a thought.

    i agree with j, you should print it and send it to her. i'm guessing you already did. as lucky as you feel to have her, she feels the same about having you too. or as my son and i enjoy saying to each other "i love you more than you love me"

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn u boy, u makin me tear up, oh well i'll be aii. Wow dat brings back memories, Brighter Grammer, larcombe's, macmillian damn boy. U don't seem 2 give urself much credit, don't know wat u've done but trust me we've all been bad & mama sure understands, she's been there done that. Like J said i think u shld let her know how much she means 2 u, life's 2 short, so xpress urself 2 the one u luv. Happi Biday 2 ur mama!

     
  • At 5/19/2006 12:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Omo i didn't think u were capable of expressing so much emotion; i always thought u were an heartless prick at least 4m what i hear. Guess u can't always judge a book by its cover. Mehn to say i was moved by that poem is an understatement omo u had me tearing up, and i don't even get emotional. See me tryin' to type with tissue in hand..lol.. that poem was sweet, original and well articulated and its so beautiful to see u pouring ur heart out for a change. Well, happy belated birthday to ur mom, i am sure she would be so happy that u appreciate and acknowledge her efforts over u. Like the yoruba adage goes "orisa bi iya ko si", always remember that, now that u are an adult and take damn good care of that woman, cuz' she deserves it!

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:33:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to J:
    Thanks! I sent it to her for sure. No choice! : )

    to sandra:
    You don't believe I was a bad son? : ) I was in my own little way. Mothers are definitely the greatest! You guys are amazing for real! Yes, I sent it to her for sure. And I got to start using that line - I love you more than you love me. That's a great one! : ) Hope everything is going fine with you and your family.

    to dayo:
    yes o, you will be aii! : ) Didn't do anything wrong really. Just felt like letting it all out. She's been there done that! : ) Hmmmm...don;t think she has. Pls, I'm sure she did her won thing too. Thanks for the birthday wish!

    to annonymous:
    lol! Heartless prick! Wow! That's amazing. She definitely did an excellent excellent job. What can I say! Thank God! Type with tissue in hand! lol! I won't mind helping you use the tissue to dry your tears! ;) thanks for all the compliments and wishes! Orisa bi iya ko si (there is no "deity" like mom) for sure! I will always remember that she deserves it all till my last breath. : )

    to belle:
    thanks for the compliments!

     
  • At 5/25/2006 10:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wen i say she's been there done dat, i mean she's been a kid & she knows how one can be mischievous. Thats all o mr. chairman sir. Nwayz, i know u understand, just wanted 2 make sure we're on the same page.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER