Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Monday, May 15, 2006
Thank God!
I am not feeling too good today physically due to colds and headache, but emotionally, I feel great especially waking up this morning and seeing my missed calls. :) I know it doesn't mean jack but talking terms, at least, will be great. ok, that's by the side.

I really don't see myself as someone that God stresses himself about since I am not living the way He wants me to (I consider myself a churchgoer and not a Christian), but many atimes, He still makes himself real in my life somehow. And everytime He does it, it stuns me cos I just don't expect it. Yesterday, I had quite an experience. The weather was very bad most of the day with rain, lightning and thuderstorm battling it out. Regardless of the bad weather, me being my typical social self and free food hunter, :) I decided to go to a couple of graduation parties going on in town. I, with my friends, driving behind me, went to the first one and as usual, the first thing I did on getting there was eat. I had been starving myself all day in preparation for this food, so I didn't waste time at all. We ate. The food was great!!! Due to the short time we had left for the next one, we headed out to the next get-together immediately after eating. I kind of felt bad about that. Came, conquered the grubs and disappeared! But, hey...such is life. On our way to the next stop, the rain was pouring cats and dog. I could barely see and I had someone driving behind me, so it was kind of difficult to stay on track, but somehow we made it to our destination. Actually, the good part was as soon as we left the downtown of where we were coming from to get on the highway, the rain ceased to exist.

Anywayz, we got to the party. Saw the peoples as usual. We ate, hung out et al. It was definitely relaxing for me. At about 8.20pm or so, I decided to leave to go home. Less than a mile from my departure spot, I was driving and I don't remember what I saw, but all of a sudden, I pressed my brakes. And like a movie trick or something, my car veered all the way to the right...I turned the steering around trying to control the car's movement, but it didn't help. As I turned the steering, pressed hard on the brakes and fought to keep control, the car then went all the way to the left, heading towards an electric transformer installation by the side of the road. I turned the steering and stayed calm while trying to stop it from hitting the transformer. Few inches from the transformer, it swerved to the left again, making a 360 u turn and then made it again a couple of times, or so it seemed. It was like me being in Fast and Furious for real. I couldn't believe it. By the time, it was all over, I was in the middle of the road facing oncoming traffic. It came to a complete stop!!! "Whow! Thank God! Thank God!! Thank God!!!", I sputtered.

I got to say. That was a big time miracle for me because, if there had been traffic at the time it happenned. The cars would have hit me all over the place - left, right, center, everywhere. That's how bad it would have been. But by God's grace, no car was coming on either side of the road. I couldn't believe it. My heart beat must have inreased by at least a million beats within the few seconds this happenned. THANK GOD! After the car stopped, I immediately drove myself into the nearby gas station, paused for few seconds and continued my drive home. The cashier at the gas station was the only one there and he just stared in disbelief as he looked at me park for few seconds and then drive away.

That was the 2nd time of me experiencing precisely the same thing in the past 6 months. The first one was on a highway and miraculously, no car came around or hit the car I was driving as it swerved to the right and left during rush hour in the morning. That was definitely a miracle too.

God, right now, I see myself as just your creation and nothing more, but I really THANK YOU for being there for me in spite of my being a billion miles far from you and your ways. Somehow, you still always show that you care. I don't understand it at all, but you do. E SE O BABA! THANK GOD!!!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 11:29 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 5/15/2006 01:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes God taps us on our shoulders to get our attention. If you believe you are not on track, then perhaps you should work towards a solid relationship with God? As you can see life is fleeting, and all these things that are keeping you from him are very temporary.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 08:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See where hunting for free food will get u....lol...abolonjeku. Just imagine driving around in that bad weather all in the name of Jollof Rice..haba. U no fit cook for ur house? Mr chop-and-quench. I am sorry if i feel no pity for u, ROTFLMAO, Funny u took ur arse straight home after that experience sha, u for continue on your scavenger hunt.

     
  • At 5/16/2006 01:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thank God oh!!! chai the quest for food.

     
  • At 5/17/2006 08:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dat is some crazy shit. U really need 2 have a relationship with God cos lyk anonymous 1 said i think God is tryin 2 give u some sign & u really need 2 pay attention so it doesn't get any worse. I wouldn't like 2 loose a Brother aii so work with God.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:14:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to annonymous1:
    true that! All these things are truly very temporary, but I got to say though, it's better to do it when you want to. For me, I'm either in or out - no middle.

    to annoymous2:
    lol! abolonjeku. never seen that typed out before. that's a good one! I fit cook o, but too lazy to do constantly. Acutally, the rain was really mild before we left for our quest. Scavenger hunt! Good one! :)

    to mphahlele:
    na so o! Thank God o! : )

    to annonymous3:
    Yes, I feel you, but I will get with Him when I know I can put my all in. There is no need to be one leg in one leg out. One is either in or out for real. Thanks for looking out for sure! This brother is not going anywhere soon; he got at least 60 more years to go for shizee! : )

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER