Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Friday, July 14, 2006
A Physical Experience.
Word Up!

Yesterday, no tears! Tomorrow, no fears!

~ Dan Rather quoting his mom


Growing up, everyone in my family pretty much treated him/herself. My mom is a biochemist, her brother a medical doctor and my closest aunt a pharmacist, so back then once I saw any sign of malaria or whatever, I already knew wassup. I just guzzled that bastard Chloroquine or Halfan and didn't care whether it itched me or not (Won't talk about that itching part cos that shit was wild). Doctor's visit was a rarity except when I went to see my uncle. So, when I got here to US, I noticed it was not the same. The Dr has to prescribe everything for you before you take it. Meeehn! Anyway, I thought that was kind of neat and looked forward to visiting a doctor et al. I remember being in college and I would have a symptom and would go to the Infirmary but hated the fact that they didn't have a real medical doctor. Why? I don't know. I couldn't wait to have a real health insurance and be able to visit a medical doctor. Anywayz, as soon as I started working and got health insurance, I definitely didn't waste time. My visits began!

Any sign contrary to the typical self-treatable illnesses such colds, flu, etc, I have gone to the doctor's ever since. However, one thing I haven't done since then is an official physical. I had tried to get an offical physical, especially when a friend of mine slumped and died while resting from playing soccer, but my doctor's office back then told me that the next available time was in 3 months whereas I could come in for a regular visit the next week. You can come for a regular visit next week but you can't get a physical scheduled till 3 months time! What sense does that make? Pls! Since then I never tried to. I just went in as usual when I had a reason to. Last month, I decided to call and schedule once again after watching some health news or some BS like that (I hate "had I known") and they said they had a slot on July 12th. I was down.

The day was on Wednesday. To be frank, I dreaded it cos I thought the Dr was going to examine every part of my body. Put his hand in my ass, examine my balls and stuff like that. It ended up not being as bad but at the same time there were some embarassing moments.

Got there, did all the document crap and was asked to sit and wait for the Dr in one of the rooms - the usual drill. After few mins, he came in, we greeted and he started the questioning. He noticed I had lost some weight compared to what I was before, though I was back at my typical weight so, "nothing alarming", he said quite sheepishly. The confidence wasn't there the way he said it. I just told him I don't really eat. That's all. Food has just never been my thing. "Too focused on making sure my goals for the yr happenned", I told him, "and I typically eat just once or at the most 2ce a day." He's like....hmmm...ok. Anyway I later found out why he answered me back like that on the weight issue. He then asked me other questions about the issues I had seen him for like consistent headaches, burping, etc. Consistent headchaches, gone for a while after I stopped drinking coffee daily but seems to be back now since I started the habit again. Burping, hey...still there. "Actually, now combined with farting", I told him. We both laughed about that and he was like, you haven't done any of both since you got here.

Then next thing, are you in a relationship? Yes. I see you took all the STD tests last yr and everything was fine. Do you use protection when you have sex? Was kind of embarassed on that one. I actually never thought such line of questioning would ever move me, but it did. Hmmmm....yes, I do...thooougggh I muuuust say that I have had unprotected sex once since then - someone I already knew had nothing.Would you want to do the tests again...just to be sure? Chlymidia, HIV, etc? What? Damn, is he trying to say maybe that's why I am losing weight? Cos the last time I took all the tests, I asked for the test myself. Is he trying to imply something? I guess now I know why he answered me like that earlier on. Hmmm...yes, I wanted to tell you that cos I have ehhmmmm ehmmmmm had unprotected sex since then like I told you but it has been at least 9 months and if I have anything else but AIDS, I would have seen it by now. So, I just want to do an HIV test and that's it. Yes, that's true. So, HIV test is ok with you, right? Yep, no doubt, I need to know. My heart was beating like mad as I said this but it was the truth. That's how I landed HIV test o....again! That shit is no joke.

Still waiting for the results but since then, my heart beats a million times each time I remember that I am waiting for the results. This is the second time I am going through this so far in my life. As much as I am dead paranoid about this, I think it is immeasurably necessarily for everyone to do the test as often as possible. It's tough but it's needed. Everyone needs to get tested, even if you haven't had exposed sex. EVERYONE!!! It's better to know what you're working with cos they don't write it on people's heads. For those that fear it, what I say is, "To me, it's one of those things that if you have, you have it anywayz. Whether you choose not to know about the certainty of its existence in you doesn't change its existence in you or otherwise, so for me it's just better to know what you're dealing with."

Ok...enough of the seriousness... Waiting for the results, so what? Smart Dr! At the end, he was like, one last thing. I have to examine your balls. Ok...he didn't say balls, but same thing. I hated this part so much. Bring down my pants and boxers and have someone feel my balls? I mean I know that does happen in the dark et al, but hey, having someone examine it apart "her" is a different issue. Moreso, a guy? In these days of DLs? Hell, f&*(@# NO, I thought to myself. Actually, as weird as it sounds, I think I prefer a female doctor doing this. Not a guy! At least, maybe not exactly examination, but I'm used to a lady seeing what is going on there if you know what I mean.

Omo, mehn, I guess I had to drop those pants. Dammit! He wore his gloves and put his hands in to examine them. F^&*!!! This just doesn't look right, at all! Eeewwww! I wanted this to end within half a second! Anywayz, he asked me turn to the side and cough as he held them. "You're fine", he said. Huuuuhhhh! Thank God it's over! But wait a minute....that was very quick...compared to when the lady at my infirmary in college examined them when I was in school and had some rash (it was not STD, FYI. :) nothing of sorts. I wasn't even having sex then at all. Went without it for about 6yrs). That lady must have spent at least no kidding 10 minutes examining and rubbing my .475mm Wildey Magnum! What the....! What was she doing? Hmmmmm..... She spent at least 10 minutes for real and kept massaging it and checking the triggers. She did more of massaging than examining for real. And here is my Dr checking the same thing and doing it in less than 1 minute. I got to talk to that woman the next time I'm in the city. I just wonder what she was doing!

I took some vaccines before leaving - Tetanus and Hepatitis B. The Hep B vacine is something I advice anyone to take. Hep B is transmittable through sex and those that have it never show any sign whatsoever, so if one is not immune to it, one needs to get the vaccine. And that's even if one is not sexually active cos one will get married to someone someday and the person could have it. Like I said before, they don't write these things on people's heads! My arm is still killing me from the Tetanus crap though.

Mehn, it was quite an experience. I thought he was going to have to check my anus too but thank God cos that might just have triggerred shit! I wonder if I would actually make this yearly cos I don't like that idea of balls cross examination. And moreso, the fact that now, I have to wait the most dreaded....HIV test results!!!!!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 3:57 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7/15/2006 04:07:00 PM, Blogger soul said…

    okay, first thing, I'm soo proud of you. taking care of business taking tests and stuff.. Ilike the fact that you value your life.
    erm here's the other thing though..

    I thought it was you and me forever ! lol...
    Enjoy and make beautiful memories :)

     
  • At 7/17/2006 10:04:00 AM, Blogger chrome said…

    hahahaha! i took the dreaded HIV last year. Never shitted my pants so much b4. did i use condoms with Nkiru? did it break when I was on top of Buki? Was I that drunk? lol I'm kidding but that it was a trying period is an understatement.

    be healthy

     
  • At 7/18/2006 03:53:00 PM, Blogger Biodun said…

    Great post, hopefully more people will get tested n also just simply go get a check up, I had my first check-up last year, n yeah those shots hurt!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER