Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Monday, July 10, 2006
She wasn't overdoing it...after all.
Word Up

2 things I have learnt in life: Find someone you love and live everyday like it's going to be your last.

~ Alfie movie, might be slightly paraphrased.

It has been a while since I have penned down anything or blogged but hey...so? Life has been good. So many opportunities ahead, so I really can't complain...apart from my little experience this last weekend. Sometime ago, I wrote about an experience with a friend that got sick during lunch. That experience was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience based on the timing of the event (or at least, I hope). Adaure also wrote about her bout with such experience sometime last month. I joined their club.

On Thursday, I ate my new usual for lunch - McD's Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese (tried it for the first time recently and have been getting it almost everyday since then) and went back to work. Worked as usual. Then at night, after work, decided to go hang out with my friend. I stopped at another friend's house on my way and while I was there, I saw Kroger's ad for 4 qts of Breyer's Ice Cream for $6. I left his house to head to my initial destination. I picked up friend to go run errands and of course, I bought the Ice Cream I saw the ad earlier on cos that's my best "food." 4 of them. I couldn't wait to get home to get some of my best - Cookies N Cream. I finally did have some and I did something odd.

I have always joked around about this crazy theory with friends - If you can eat A and you can eat B, then you can eat A and B together. Or like one of my friend's grandma used to put it growing up, "They all go through the same pipe anyway!" :) So, I decided to eat a slice of potato bread while I was eating my cookies n cream ice cream. My friend thought that was some weird combo. I thought the same, but hey...just following my crazy impulse. Crazy, I know. But I would later live to wonder.

By the end of the night I felt slightly sick and went to the bathroom to release hoping to feel better. But it didn't help. I drank some water and just hung in there till I went home and dozed off. The next morning, I woke up at about 10.30am, missing a 10am meeting. I IMed my PM, apologised for missing the meeting & told her that I wasn't feeling too good and will be at work later in the day. I wish! I started feeling more sick and weak. By afternoon, I felt I had to put something in my stomach since I had not eaten anything but Ice Cream for about 24hrs. I walked downstairs. Barely made it there. By the time I was done eating a slice of bread and drinking water, I thought I felt better. But it was a film trick. Big time facade! Few minutes later, I was on the bed groaning in pain. I saw myself moving like Ms Sick Chick was moving the day she was sick. No position was comfortable. I tried to lie down on stomach. Painful! I tried to lie down on my back. Too uncomfortable! I tried to lie down on my side. Impossible! I had my hands on my stomach groaning. It brought back memories of seeing an old friend and cousin in pain when they were sick. I just couldn't believe what I was feeling. It felt like fucking TUGS-OF-WAR in my stomach. I felt like I had innumerable strings being pulled from all sides in my stomach. That shit was no joke! At all! I now knew my friend, Ms Sick Chick, was not exagerating at all. The pain was excruciating. I could see why she wanted to go on the floor when we were in ER. The pain was so uncomfortable. It made any position or platform very uncomfortable. I can't even describe it. Mehn, that shit was no joke at all. I got to say that at a point when I was with Ms Chick (like she calls herself : ) ) earlier in the year, I thought she was overdoing it. Like the Yourbas say, o ko n yo ni, I thought. But like I told her earlier on today, you were definitely not overdoing jack!

After struggling with the pain for a while, I managed to crawl to the bathroom on the 1st impulse to vomit. I held the bathtub with my hands while kneeling down and threw up chunks of bread and Ice Cream (gross, I know, but that's the truth). Wheeeeeeeeew! Thank God!! Suddenly, I felt completely relieved. Felt just the way I did on Thursday morning before any form of sickness. The extremity of how I went from feeling like I was going to die to feeling completely well was absolutely out-of-this-world. It was completely unreal. I went back to the floor in my room and decided to quickly use the time to get some work done cos I had 2 defects that I had to turn in at work that day. But in no time, the sick feeling came back and I lost concentration once again.

Apparently, like one of my friends said, I was not supposed to eat anything for a while. "Each time you eat, you have to go back to square one. You just have to sit it through and hang in there.", he said. He was dead right. The pain came back again and continued like that till I managed to call Ms Sick Chick to help me get some PeptoBismol. I knew she was going to be around rather than calling my roommate who was still at work.

By the time she brought the PeptoBismol, somehow, some way, in spite of the pain, I had managed to doze off, so she left it at the door and my roommate picked it up by the time he got home. I took the Pink Liquid and all hell let loose again. I basically when through the same episode of wriggling pain and vomitting 2 more times by the next morning. In one case, my roommate heard me throwing up from downstairs and ran upstairs. That shit wasn't funny at all like I told my friend who was laughing at me. If not that I was trying to man it up and shit I would have been crying like a baby. Yes, the pain was that bad.

I really don't know what is going on out there. What kind of virus is out there. Cos I am about the 5th person that I know who have had such experience in recent days. Something must be in the air. :) From my experience and watching Dateline last night, I guess eating out is just not a good thing in every sense of it. In order to eliminate possible causes it is always better to cook your own food cos whatever caused the stomach pain is still very puzzling to me.

Anywayz, my crazy self still went down to Charlotte the next day with a friend who I had promised to go with that weekend. It was very relaxing. I personally just love going to Charlotte. Will move there without thinking twice if I get a job there.

I digressed, but that shit was not funny at all. From Friday till this morning, every TV ad that showed any food actually made me nauseous. Didn't eat anything again till about 7pm on Saturday evening. Like my friend says, ko funny o. lol! And Ms Sick Chick, I feel you now. You weren't overdoing it at all. :) I definitely now, more than ever before, know that many atimes, till you are in certain circumstances, you really can't jump into conclusion about how people in such situations are reacting.
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 12:36 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7/11/2006 08:40:00 AM, Blogger Anthony Arojojoye said…

    Onijekuje!
    Thank God you are OK now. We need you to continue blogging oh. So no go try chop any kain food again.

     
  • At 7/12/2006 08:10:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said…

    It must be something in the air!

    Thank the lord you are alright, have had one of them things and they are not easy, mine was i think expired guiness and you know you cant throw up guiness, so i was in agony for 2 days!

     
  • At 7/14/2006 08:33:00 AM, Blogger soul said…

    jesus christ...
    honey I'm glad you are okay.
    Dunno what that could have been, but do you have a problem with diary products at all?.
    Did you check the expiration date of either the potato bread (cos those things get kept like forever) or even the tub of icecream?.

    And eating out sounds nice and all, but when you start thinking about how many people have 'touched your food' and stuff.. it doesn't sound so great in the end.

    Be safe and be well... (onije ku je)

     
  • At 7/14/2006 02:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you're feeling better! I feel so special to be featured once again on your blog (nice impromptu cameo).
    :0)

    Ms. Sick Chick--to the rescue

     
  • At 8/01/2006 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Adaure Achumba said…

    Dang!! I was going to laugh out loud but I will say I feel your pain. That is absolutely no fun

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER