Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Anyone else would have done the same!
Some Mondays back, I found myself in one of the most dreadful situations. It was an incredibly awkward situation, to say the least. I went to lunch with a friend of mine/neighbor. We got there at about 1pm. She had a craving for a Greek falafel. She ordered her veggie falafel and got this weird but tasty looking, well-embellished eggplant side to go with it. I, being my usual razz (ghetto) self, stuck with my same ol' Greek delicacy - beef kabob. We ate outside cos the weather wasn't that bad. We finished eating et al, talking about relationships as usual - about how she just seems to attract crazy guys (pls, like that's a surprise. the girl is super gorgeous and most very gorgeous women prefer "crazy" guys anyway), how saying all in relationships is very important in order to gain trust, etc. After eating, while chit-chatting, she just, all of a sudden, held her stomach. I noticed and asked her if she was ok. She gave the default answer, I'm ok. She then held her stomach tighter and I told her mehn, you don't look ok to me. I told her, maybe you need to go to the bathroom and relax. All of a sudden, she jumped up from her seat like someone that just sat on the tip of a sharp pencil like we did to people when I was in elementary school. I got to go, I got to go... She headed into the restaurant towards the bathroom. I rushed behind her to make sure she made it there fine.

I then went to the bathroom myself to kill some time. Came out of the bathroom...5 mins went...then 7 mins...then almost 10 mins... I knocked at the door to see if she was doing fine. She made an almost inaudible sound that indicated discomfort or pain to me. I waited a little bit more and next thing I heard her growling in pain. I asked her to open the door. By the time she did, she had thrown up everything she ate on the floor in the bathroom and she was on the floor crawling and struggling to move. I couldn't believe it! This is one of the prettiest, preppiest and somewhat anal ladies I have ever known and she was on the floor in a public bathroom crawling towards the door to lean on me. Wow! This must be bad! I lifted her up to wash her face with cold water (learnt that in Nigeria as a kid when I used to have some mysterious stomach ache consistently and threw up too). I tried to calm her down and asked if she could make it out of the bathroom. She said not yet and sat down on the bare floor in the bathroom again. I asked her what exactly was wrong and she said her stomach was aching her badly. It was killing her, like she said. I told her to try to do the #2 telling her that might relieve her cos that always worked (that's really more like works really cos every time I have stomach troubles and I do the doodle, I feel better) for me. She said she tried but couldn't. Throughout this time she was crying and struggling to stay steady, but she couldn't and I was trying to attend to her alone. The restaurant folks didn't know what was going on yet. I asked her if I should call 911. She declined. I tried to get her up as much as possible and asked her to try using the bathroom again...Next thing she told me, get out...get out...get out...I need to use the bathroom again! And BAM! She shut the door hard behind herself. I paced back and forth in front of the bathroom, knocking at the door periodically to see if she was ok. What in the world is this? I don't know this girl enough to be in this type of situation. God please help me o. Mo wa si lunch daran o! Still didn't alert the restaurant owners. I mean, I didn't know what to do. What would I tell them? Call 911, you have a sick person! Please help me, my friend is sick! A million and one things flashed through my mind as I waited for her to come out.

After few minutes, she opened the door. She was flat on the floor, crawling out, crying, with her hands wrapped around her stomach and wriggling in pain like I have never seen before. I dashed towards her and held her and asked her if I needed to call 911. "Please do, PLEASE!," she yelled back immediately. I finally went to talk to the restaurant owners and asked them for their phone. "I need to call 911; I have a friend in the bathroom that is sick," I said in haste. Called 911 immediately. I told the operator I needed help. She got my location and dispatched an ambulance. She stayed on the phone asking me several questions and said they were on their way.

Meanwhile, the whole restaurant (actually mainly the operators cos the patrons were out) had gathered around us while I held her in my arms and tried to keep her calm while I was on the phone. Did she eat this morning? Is she on any pills? Was she sick before she came here? Is she allergic to any type of food? I guess those ones were trying to exonerate themselves and make sure the issue was not food poisoning. Questions flowed from everyone while I talked to the 911 operator and held her in my laps and she squalled and wriggled in pain in an indescribable way.

nyjaguy, please help me! Please! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! nyjaguy, are they here yet? nyjaguy, when are they coming? nyjaguy, help me, please! Jesus!

She went on and on nonstop. She, spasmodically, went from a fetal position while holding her stomach tightly to stretching completely in a straight position. I tried to rub her stomach while I talked to the lady on the phone. She held my hand to her stomach tightly and flung my hands away from her body intermittently. No position seemed comfortable for her. I was totally freaked out!!! The way she wailed in pain was just dreadful. I myself could feel the pain. It was crazy. I remember killing a snake when I was in high school and I saw the snake wiggle and jiggle, more like wriggle in pain till it died. That was what I was looking at in front of me. Her actions, 4 real, reminded me of wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Bible. E gba mi o! (Somebody pls help me). What can I do? Jesus, please help her! Pleeeeaase! Should I rub her stomach? Should I rub her back? Should I hold her hands? I can't even hold her too tight. We are not like that at all. Where is this ambulance? They are taking forever! Help me God! Heelpp!!! Lady, stop rapping me and just f&*&&*# tell the ambulance to hurry!

The lady felt I was unbelievably calm for what she could hear over the phone and kept on telling me to keep her calm. I must have asked if the ambulance was on its way at least 20x and she kept on reassuring me that they were on their way, which I passed on to my friend each time. The operator stayed on the phone till the ambulance, which seemed to take forever, came. They picked her up and asked her which hospital she preferred to go to. These people are daft! Of course, the closest hospital! She's in pain for God's sake. And why in the world are you guys just taking your time with all these questions rather than just rushing to take her to the hospital. They settled for the biggest hospital in the area, if not in the state, and we took off. I drove behind them and called my manger on my way to let him know wassup. He kind of laughed at me cos he's always joking about how I'm this single crazy guy and I have to watch the parking lot before I run to my car everyday in order to avoid being stoned by women. This happenned since I told them (my teammates) about some experience I had with a date sometime ago. On the way, the ambulance was slower than Morgan Freeman in Driving Ms Daisy. They just took their time! It was dead annoying! No siren, nothing! The just cruised! Or so, it seemed.

We finally got to the hospital and they took her in while the free valet provided by hospital's ER took my car from me and went to park it. I rushed in to the ER and gave them my details (I commend them for this alone and nothing else cos the rest of their service sucked). I was given a visitor's pass and asked to wait. The ER was kind of full compared to some other ones I have been to. I called my 3rd job while I waited to tell them I might not be able to make it there. Those ones, of course, gave me hard time telling me how I had to look for someone to work for me. As if I didn't have enough issues for the day. Bastards! Why would I lie to you guys about being in ER? Actually, sure everyone does that, so I can't blame you guys. Anyway, it's not your fault! It's mine! I need the hustle while I have few bills and I need to send as much as I can to my brother. It's all good! I called some of the free folks to see if they could work for me. Of course, I couldn't get in touch with any of them. Dammit! What am I going to do? I guess I am just going to quit the job.

Next thing, she was brought out on a wheelchair to wait in the ER waiting room. I ran to her and asked her if she was ok. She said, no. Why would they bring her out with all that pain that I saw her in? These ERs folks piss me off! I sat down on a chair and dragged the wheel chair to my front with her face facing me in order to monitor her and possibly soothe her with words face-to-face. We called her mom and she said she was on her way - about 2 hrs away. I stayed there with her while she went into extremely excruciating painful episodes. Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Aaaargh! Hmmmmph! Hmmmmph! She went on every few minutes, each time holding her stomach tightly with both hands with her upper body and her head on my knees. It was the most dramatically painful scene I had ever beheld in my life. And trust me, I know, cos I have been around sick friends and family in pain before. Everyone in the ER just looked at us as she cried and wailed in pain over and over again while I held her close to me and rubbed her back to calm her down each time. The ER folks ignored her and just kept on calling other people. I can't believe this shit. These people keep calling everyone else regardless of the apparent pain she is in. Why can't they just quickly treat her or at least give her something to subside her pain? Why? For God's sake, these people call it Emergency Room! I went to the desk a couple of times to talk to the nurses to please help her out soonest. They said no each time. She continued her episodes, each time progressively worse. She wobbled on the chair. Put her head on my knees! Held my knees tightly. I held her but didn't want to hold her too tight. I didn't know her that well. It was crazy! Everyone there just stared. I got to say, I was embarrassed! But I kept my composure and held her, rubbed her back, asked her to put her head on her knees and just stay that way as much as she could and assured her about how she was healed by Jesus' stripes. My Bible days came back! She was just uncomfortably in pain. Terrible pain, obviously. Many times, she even attempted to get on the bare ER floor, but I refused to allow her to do so. And the nurses just ignored her and moved on. At a point, while the nurses called the next person, I just got up and held the door and said someone really needed to do something. Can't they see? Others need the attention too, I understand, but pls give her something to ease the pain. "What if she dies," I told one of them. "She not going to die. No one is going to die here," she replied in a nonchalant manner. As I was talking, my friend went on the floor. She could no longer take sitting down. She had to lie down like she had been trying to do all along. She was on the ER floor in front of everyone. Finally, the nurse I was talking to decided to do something. She called someone and they finally came around. But it was of no use per say. The nurse who came out said that there was no space in the ER and there was nothing they could do. However, in order to expedite things, she should pee in a plastic he brought with him and let them proceed with her urine tests. "They just couldn't take her in," he said. No way. There was no room whatsoever. Wow! "Why is it called Emergency room," I asked him. I understand sir, but there is NOTHING we can do. Absolutely nothing!

He left and I lifted her to go to the bathroom. There was a lady that I had seen there that looked just like my church's assistant pastor's wife; I mean carbon copy. She had been watching the whole ordeal all along. She volunteered to help her out in the bathroom. Thank God! She was definitely God-sent. After a little while, they came out. She couldn't pee! Dammit! It's just to pee! Why can't she just try? Mehn, she's beginning to overdo this whole thing. : ) Naa. I can't blame her, jare! We sat down and I held her closely. She was still in pain but she seemed better now. Thank God! I made her drink water periodically in order to trigger the pee. After a while, I convinced her to go to the bathroom again and I called the woman to please help me watch her again. She gladly obliged. This time around, same thing. She couldn't pee.

She walked out, laid down on the chair with her head on my knees and I covered her body with the white sheet that was given to her earlier on. I rubbed her back as much as I could and told her to take it easy. I mean...what else can I say? I don't know! This is just really odd. She seemed to be in less pain now cos the gyrations stopped. After lying down for a minute, we moved to a less cold part of the ER. Thank God cos this time around, she walked by herself. Phew!!! Thank God! Her mom needs to get here quickly, Lord. That way, she can feel much better seeing her family around.

After few minutes, with no sudden pain splurge, I noticed she dozed off on my knees. Words cannot express how much I felt when I saw the absurdly peaceful, childish, impeccable, yet pain-ridden, puffy-eyed, red face on my knees. I really thanked God. Wow! Finally, she seems a little better! Thank God I was there with you her. What would have happened if she had gone to lunch alone like she had initially planned to? That would not have been funny at all. I guess all things work out for good, somehow.

As she slept, I turned back to look at the people behind me and I saw a tall, sunflower-skinned, well-dressed, older yet young looking lady with a dark skirt suit walking into the ER. She lighted the room up with her complexion. Behind her was a casually dressed, quiet-looking older, yet down-to-earth natured man with a pair of jeans, long-sleeve T-shirt and a baseball hat. Our eyes met and at the same time, one of the nurses directed them to where we were sitting. I figured they were her parents. They came down to where we were sitting and I must say that I felt incredibly relieved. The wave of euphoria and relief that went through me cannot be described with words. Finally, her family was around. She would feel much more comfortable now and hopefully will get better faster. I greeted them, we exchanged names and the rest ...

On my way out of the ER at about 5.30, the lady that helped her stopped me and said to me, "You are a good man." I said, "Thanks," thanked her for her great help and walked on. After I finished from work that night, I called to see how she was and she and her parents kept on thanking me saying that was really nice cos I just hung in there and didn't give up. Her room mate too said the same. To be frank, I told all of them, that's BS, anyone would have done the same. There was no way I would have left her! They insisted that that was not necessarily true. Even till today. Like I tell them and some other friends I have told the story, anyone in my shoes would have done the same and even much more. It just isn't possible for anyone to do otherwise!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 9:58 AM  
16 Comments:
  • At 5/03/2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said…

    Wow, That was so sweet and beautiful of you.

    God will continue to shower his blessings on you.
    True what your friends say not most people would stick around like you did.

    I would make it a point if i get sick to have someone like you around.
    nice one

     
  • At 5/03/2006 11:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wara mess, wat in the world was wrong with the lady, i just kept readin hopin i'll get 2 the bottom of the story & bang u just left moi in the cold like u're Lucas or stephen King lol. WTF. Nwayz, did u get 2 find out wat was goin on with her & dats so nice, i would have been out a long time ago, when them EMS showed up, omo, i don exit the buildin be dat. Nice one but i have 2 know wat was goin on.

     
  • At 5/03/2006 12:06:00 PM, Blogger david said…

    Was it food poisoning? Seems she reacted to something she ate at that restaurant.
    That was sweet of you to hang in there with her.

     
  • At 5/03/2006 01:52:00 PM, Blogger TMinx said…

    Hope I never put anyone in that situation lol, I'd be humiliated. She must have reacted to something...did she ever tell you?

     
  • At 5/03/2006 02:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i used to think you were this mean jerk, but after this i change my mind. i admire you more now. God will reward you for what you did.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 11:32:00 AM, Blogger soul said…

    Nyjaguy....

    You'll get it back.. no doubt.
    there are times when you get called on to do things that you are unprepared for.. How you deal with it says a lot about who you are.

    I'm not talking about panicking inside (that's natural) I'm talking about staying the course..
    you did.

    I like others do wonder what was wrong..
    It could have been an extreme reaction to something she ate..
    or something else which took place earlier (which I would not like to say)
    or it could be severe cramps.. these things happen.

    In anycase, nice one dude..
    I know who to call on when I'm cramping.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 11:33:00 AM, Blogger soul said…

    Nyjaguy....

    You'll get it back.. no doubt.
    there are times when you get called on to do things that you are unprepared for.. How you deal with it says a lot about who you are.

    I'm not talking about panicking inside (that's natural) I'm talking about staying the course..
    you did.

    I like others do wonder what was wrong..
    It could have been an extreme reaction to something she ate..
    or something else which took place earlier (which I would not like to say)
    or it could be severe cramps.. these things happen.

    In anycase, nice one dude..
    I know who to call on when I'm cramping.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to Miss YQ:
    lol! left you on a cliffhanger. that was part of the point. No vex. :) It's bizarre, but by the time she was called in after about 5hrs, they found nothing wrong with her. They gave her ginger-ale and that was it. Can you imagine? Crazy shit!

    to Nneka:
    thx, but for real though, anyone would do precisely the same. I'm sure you would always have the help you need when needed.

    to Dayo:
    i know, right. It was some crazy shit, mehn! I wanted to just die! I had to leave some part out now... lol! Me sef wan be Stephen King someday. Pls, story! Like i told Ms YQ above, nothing was wrong with her o. Weird stuff, i know!

    to david:
    the drs said it was not food poisoning. They found nothing wrong with her whatsoever after all the tests they did. some odd stuff, I must say. I think she reacted to something she ate there though, like you said.

    to taureanminx:
    i know, right! I will be humiliated if I put someone I don't know too well in such a situation too. It's funny, till now, anytime I am around her and someone asks her a question about anything very personal, she just says, "oh...you already know me very intimately, so i can anwser that" and she goes on blah blah blah. :) Initmately, pls! :) Yeah, they found nothing wrong with her. Very absurd, but that's the truth. Nothing!

    to annonymous:
    Mean jerk! lol! that's a new one. you're the first that has ever used mean or anything close to address me. There is always a first time. I guess I know why. ;) Thx for the prayers. Amen o!

    to Soul:
    lol! something else which you not like to say! lol! that's a good one. Naaa. At all. I wish! It's absurd, but the drs found nothing wrong with her. Very odd. The just gave her ginger ale and that was it. After waiting for over 5hrs at the ER! No comments, is all I can say.

    to

     
  • At 5/04/2006 06:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u feel like an hero now, don't u? abeg; since when this grinch grow heart? Why don't u cut the bullsh@#t out and tell the world why u really stuck around; I know good and well the only reason u did was in anticipation of getting some punany for your "heroic efforts" once the girl felt better, now deny that didn't cross ur mind.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 09:42:00 AM, Blogger madeex said…

    mehn u tried o,if i had to be in ur position 4dat long,i woulda freaked out.infact i woulda been put in an emergency room from freaking out(lol) but really tho, guess any sensible person woulda done d same only dey myt not have cared dat much.nice one.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to go figure:
    :) Ms "Go Figure", I don't believe in heroism and God knows that. If that was heroism, then we are all heros, including you, cos you would have done the same too. Whatever I did, I did cos someday, someone will help me too - law of reciprocity. "Grinch. Good and well" lol! Sounds very familiar. I guess if she was a guy, I would have left him in the ambulance and went to work, right? If sex was what would have been on your mind in such a situation, you need help. Like I used to tell an old friend, "Eyan melo leyan fe do laye yi" (How many people does one want to sleep with). It's not every female that one hangs out with that one sleeps with. Learn that! Hmmm...maybe you do with the guys you hang out with, though! ;) Sex is not everything in life. There is much more to relationships than sex. Besides sex messes up everything and makes people unshakeable from one's life. ;)

    to madeex:
    trust me, I was freaked out. straight up! I wanted the ground to open up and just swallow me, for real. If I could leave, I would have left cos I was freaked out, but I don't have the guts. I had to help. It could have been me too. Put me in an ER myself too. lol! that's a good one! I see u got a Xanga blog too. Came across it by chance. Nice one for sure. :) Enjoy.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 07:25:00 PM, Blogger Adaure Achumba said…

    Hmh.... strange occurence and equally strange ailment. Are you sure the babe was really really sick and had food poisoning. For all we know the babe just wanted to let out a fart and probably the chinese food she ate the night before decided to rush out and she was too embarrassed that she decided to be all dramatic. I can relate.

    But that's good of you to have stayed with her... I would hope everyone would do that if they found themselves in the same position. Although I have been left alone to fend for my self when I had alc poisoning...friends thot they caught on to my drama and left me hanging but this time it was real

     
  • At 5/06/2006 08:33:00 PM, Blogger Smoothvibes said…

    cool! Why can't crazy stuff ev er happen when I'm around, so I can practice on someone!!

    Btw... aawwww that was sweet of u. Nice writing too!

     
  • At 5/08/2006 02:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You didn't think I'd find you, did you, JTOL??? That was quite a day for both of us! I appreciate that your account was so mercifully written--I was indeed humiliated and humbled by the experience. With deepest sincerity...you do know me far more intimately than anyone else right now--thanks for sparing me of the more embarrassing details. I'm still very grateful that you were there, and no, I don't believe that anyone else would have done the same. You're one of a kind--and I'd gladly do lunch with you anyday.

    Much Love, Sick Chick

     
  • At 5/08/2006 02:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You didn't think I'd find you, did you, JTOL? That was quite a day for both of us! I appreciate that your account was so mercifully writtten (thanks for sparing me of the more embarrassing details). With deepest sincerity...you do know me far more intimately than anyone else right now. I was both humiliated and humbled by the experience, but I'd gladly do lunch with you anyday.

    Much Love, Sick Chick

     
  • At 5/09/2006 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to adaure:
    lol! this girl, you are just crazy. let out a fart! lol! good one, but a fart can't be that bad. Won't be surprised if they left you all alone. You can be dramatic for shizee. ;)

    to smoothvibes:
    don't worry. the practice will come for sure. you will even beg for it to stop. :) thanks for the compliment!

    to annonymous:
    lol! I knew you would find me, Ms "Sick Chick." Google is King! lol! It definitely was quite a day, but it was a great character-building experience for me for sure. And like I told you before, there is nothing to be embarassed about. It could happen to anyone; it could have been me. And yeah, I had to spare some details for sure. ;) We are all "one-of-a-kinds" for sure. You will gladly do lunch? You better gladly pay since you are the 21st century lady. :) Yeah right! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER