Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Thursday, February 09, 2006
If you have nothing to hide, shut the F#$% up?
Is it me or I am tired of hearing about how the NSA and the President betrayed the confidence of Americans by wiretapping people's phones randomly. Please! I don't know why they keep talking about it. I beg e! Senator Specter has even promised to set up a congressional investigation or hearing. And President Jimmy Carter even mentioned it at Coretta King's funeral. The democrats are using it as a political ball.

To be frank, I have no problem with anyone listening in on my conversation as long as the person is doing it to protect me; there is nothing for me to hide. If you have nothing to hide, why the hell do you have a problem with NSA wiretapping into your phone calls. Personally, I have always wondered to myself how government could possibly, if at all, halt a terrorist plot before it happens. To me, my conclusion has always been that one of the best ways is to tap into calls all over the country originating from certain countries or going to certain countries. Consequently, that's why I really do not have any problem with the government wiretapping for the sake of stopping possible terrorist plots before they come into fruition. I know, it is an invasion of privacy but I would rather have my privacy invaded than have my ass blow up to pieces. Don't get me wrong, I would have a problem if the government does wiretapping based on partisan motives. Like witretap the phone of their political rival and shit like that. Like they did to Dr Martin Luther King back in the days. That will be very appalling and too much of a low blow. Apart from that, what hte hell? Wiretapping is definitely perfect with me as long as it is not being abused by using it in a partisan way to monitor political opponents and such dishonorable motives.

So, if we are sure the government (NSA) is not abusing it (which I know might not necessarily be the case) and you have nothing to hide in your conversations, hush!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 5:45 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2/10/2006 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Elle Woods said…

    I dont think they were spying on any random person, it was jsut a select groups of ppl who had ties to terrorists.But i fail to believe that u wouldnt have a problem with someone tapping your phone.Dont be so hasty until u are in that position.Meanwhile, why did u change your background?

     
  • At 2/10/2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to lomo:
    The democrats are claiming that they just should not tap anybody's phone except they get a court order. Those court order things take forever to me.
    You're right about me waiting to be in that position, but I got to tell as long as I am being wiretapped bcos I am a terror suspect, no problem, but if I am being tapped for some other reasons, I would hate that for sure.

    I have been looking for a new template for my blog for a while but just never got to it till yesterday. Just wanted something that will take more contents and be readable at the same time.
    Hope you're doing ok, lomo! take care. ;)

     
  • At 2/10/2006 03:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bush has won my support in two things he's done so far since he's been in office: privatizing social security (I'm one of those ppl that always saves a good amount from each paycheck) and wiretapping. Wiretapping should be made perfectly acceptable under the grounds that whatever information they gather, will be used strictly to find the person guilty of a terrorist plot. Plus, all these Americans going on and on about freedom. It's a give and take jare and it also comes with responsibility. If you want the government to continue assuring your freedom, there are certain things they've just got to do. It's a shame some people just have zero brains.

     
  • At 2/12/2006 05:58:00 PM, Blogger Adaure Achumba said…

    Wiretapping everyones phone is bad news. It is an intrusion on privacy and is hazardous to freedom of speech. I support getting a court order to wire tap, it is not as hard as it sounds...it only takes a phone call to a judge. The same rule applies to searches. Many people don't know this but you don't have to comply with a cop who requests to search your car without a search warrant (we are all familiar with the house search usually they are wise to show up with one). If wiretapping is legalized, what's next, searching illegally without a search warrant? Bugging your homes with cameras, spying on individuals...everyone's using terrorism as an excuse to erode our rights and freedom...Where and when will it end? There's gotta be a point where we draw the limits.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER