Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Building blocks

Word Up!

Life SHRINKS or EXPANDS in proportion to one's courage (and I am adding, "in proportion to our thoughts" too).

~ Ms Sick Chick quoting Anais Nin

Huuuuuuuuuuh! Thank God it's negative. After over 9 months or so of suspense, now I know I'm free. Wheeeeeeeeeeew! For a strange reason, I was really cool throughout the wait for the most part apart from once or 2ce when my heart pace millionpled. So no more till marriage (yea right) or at least till whoever I am with presents her tests results live and direct in front of me. No oh, it was just spur of the moment BS!!! Tofiakwa! Everyone definitely needs to do this test for real, regardless of sexual activity or not.

Been super-excited in recent days about some things (runz). I just pray everything goes as planned and even much better than planned by God's special and limitless grace. I really pray so cos I've been here before and I misused the opportunity, at least for the better part and maybe not for the most part. God help me in spite of my BS, please! I need it. I really do! It is already done!

Went to lunch today with Ms Sick Chick and as usual had a great time just chit-chatting with no strings attached. Went to this nice artsy, Village,NYC-like block in Durham with restaurants and chairs to sit outside and eat. Love going there. Anywayz, over the years, over and over again, I have come to discover that one of the most liberating relationships you can have is a pure platonic relationship with a very beautiful lady. Ok...with the opposite sex. :) Odd, I know. It's amazing how much you learn from each other. We can talk about ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING with no preconceived motives or deceitfulness on either side of the coin. To say that it is liberating is an understatement. The feeling is incredible, 4 real.

It's amazing how you meet someone and you guys just don't even give each other any face whatsoever and next thing, you talk and maybe go out once and next thing, you become great friends OR many times like in the case of Henry in Good Fellas, you become married.

Anywayz, she has been on this 21-day fast that she decided to go on just to get closer to God and lose herself or like I joke with her to free herself from Mr Man. She told me about how she has really felt so peacefully anxious about things regardless of the fact that she's moving out of state next month away from family, about how she has heard God speak to her about this guy she just can't seem to let go off, about how she feels like she's in this world that she can't describe (like I told her this little utopia of yours), etc. It kind of just felt inexplicably peaceful around her as she talked. Very odd. Can't describe it. As she said it, I could relate with what she said and I, as once felt, felt like were both in this world gliding peacefully through a stream of air and everything was just calm and unshakeable. I got to say, I am tempted to take on a fast too, but naaaaaa! That means I have to leave my way of life? Naaaa. Maybe one day....maybe! That's if there is life sha!

One thing she said though that definitely sunk into me was that she looked at her past relationships and how she finally feels loose from this guy, that I have been telling her to forget and just focus on the things that matter in life (I'm a guy. I know wassup), and she found out that every guy she has dated has been a building block to this last one! This last one didn't work out (I will leave that story for some other time. Long story! : ) ) but she's just excited and can't wait for the man God has for her cos based on this last guy, the culminating guy will be great. Hmmm, I thought to myself. Now, everyone needs to realize that. "Damn! That's so true about life", I thought to myself. If many of us can realize that what we think is the best for us now that can't seem to work out is a building block towards the best for us, we would learn to look forward to the upcoming best things in life and not hang on to crap. ok. maybe not crap. whatever.

Our lives, I completely concur, are building blocks to the best things in life IF we can only focus and not get distracted or hold on to crap that does not need to be held on to. There is so much to life tomorrow than today, if we can only let go and let loose. Many times, many of us feel like this is the best thing that has ever happenned to us regardless of the fact that it is full of discomfort and pain, so we hang on to it, pretty much by force. Unbeknownst to us, that is not even close to a speck when compared to what is to come if we just let go. My mentality is this, if I can have something this great right now, if I have to get rid of it due to several reasons, I know I can definitely have something even greater. So, my conclusion, just like Ms Sick Chick, is let go, sit back, relax and enjoy the sight of the distant sun, for its brightness is about to and will positively beat all imaginations and expectations!!!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 4:42 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7/21/2006 01:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm surprised you're still doing it without rubber in 2006.

     
  • At 7/23/2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger chrome said…

    yayyy!!! good on you. now man pikin need to wear two "socks".

    I know what you mean about a good friend like that. I've always "spoilt" my good friendships with my craven self.

    great post

     
  • At 7/25/2006 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to annon1:
    thanks! 'ppreciate that.

    to annon2:
    : ) actually 2005 - been over 9 mths since I did that, but hey 2005, 2006, all the same. Don't worry, won't happen again.

    to obi:
    trust me, i don dey weat 2 socks since the last time I didn't wear it, but been nervous ever since waiting for time to pass. that way, the test will be precise. waiting for the results can definitely be painful.

    as per "spoiling" good friendships with females with craven self, I can relate too. Straight up! But I think I still have some that I have kept as good friends. I got to say though, I don't know how I have managed to do that with some of those gorgeous ladies even when they were point blank about being with me in some of the cases. I don't know at all. I still dey bite myself sometimes, but hey it's better that way. But trust me, I can relate with you on the "spoilt" ones, regardless. : )

    Thanks for the comp.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER