Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Friday, February 10, 2006
What a night - I am getting some baggy jeans, throwbacks and some hats!
The night started with me going to a Date auction organized by the African students at UNC Chapel Hill. A friend had pretty much pled with me to buy her for a certain price and we had agreed that I would. I got there, the auction started and to me it was being too quiet and sort of lifeless, so I decided to add some life to it like I always try to do. I decided to start bidding for some random chick that was put up for auction jokingly. Everytime someone raised a bid for her, I would do the same and at a point the auctioneer cracked a joke saying ok, desperate brother is bidding again. This continued until a point where I raised a bid and next thing no one else did. I looked around hoping someone else will cos the auctioneer was trying to close it, but guess what? No one did and that was how I ended up having to pay for that girl. That ended up hopes for my friend that I had promised to buy cos when it was her turn, I had used up my budgeted amount and I just couldn't afford to bid for her. At a point, she even had to yell my name out loud to bid for her now..! lol! Poor girl! She will be aight!

Ok. The worst part of the night. I decided to go to their after party cos I had promised them that I would be there. I really didn't want to go cos I got to tell you, I felt like an agbaya there, but I had promised so I decided I would show up and leave after a shortwhile. We get to the club and guess what? It was a gay/lesbian night at the club they used. I was like WTF is this. I had never seen such stuff face-to-face in my life. GUYS KISSING and GRINDING ON EACH OTHER ON THE DANCE FLOOR! I wanted to collapse. The worst of the worst part was this. I was walking by the bar to move to where many of the folks moved to cos they were uncomfortable with the gay folks there. And as I was going, a guy tapped me and I turned back to look at him and guess fucking what? He was like oops I'm sorry, I'm gay. I guess it was the way I looked at him. WHAT THE FUCK? A gay guy just fucking hit on me! I wanted to just kill myself. I mean that the hell. I had to go ask poeople there that what about me makes me look gay. One of them was like DUH! Look at your dressing. Ok. I normally dress up and neat and all that and my friends always joke around about my gay dressing and shit like that (cos I look too preppy and all), but this time I thot I was dressed gangster. lol! Had on a T-Shirt with big light leather blazers, not baggy jeans, not skinny jeans either and a pair of sneakers. One of my friends there was like, sorry, it still kind of looks gay. Mehn, I got to go get me some baggy baggy jeans, some throwbacks and hat straight up. lol! Maybe that will help cos that's against stereotypical gay dressing. lol! I can't afford to be hit on ever again. WTF? It wasn't funny at all!

As if that was not enough for the night, I left early with a friend of mine becos she was tired and wanted to go home. On our way home, I was driving and all of a sudden, I saw that I was on a 35 and I was way above that. So, I slowed down but as I was slowing down, a cop going the opposite direction turned on his lights and made a very quick U-turn. I thought I was watching a movie cos that U-turn was so abrupt. I couldn't help but yell out, "NOT AGAIN, I AM FINALLY FUCKED." over 3 tickets in 2 years, 1 pending and now I am about to get another one. E ma gba mi o! The guy came out, asked for my license as usual and asked if I was still living at the same address. I said no, I moved somewhere else. He asked me how long ago. I said 2 months (morrasucker, it's been over 3 mths, but I knew the consequences of saying that). He asked me if I knew I had only 60 days to change my address when I moved. I told him yes, but I was sorry. He now asked me if I knew why he stopped me and I said yes. Then he looked at my wrist and saw the bar band next thing, "Did you have anything to drink tonight cos you were going 54 on 35." GADDEM! ORI IYA MI O! Was I going that fast? I said I did but it was just on cup of Hennessy and Coke. He moved back for a second and came back kind of immediately. Sir, turn on your inner lights and you're going to have to come out of the car with your hands away from your pockets. WHAT? You're not necessarily under arrest or anything like that. I got down and noticed there was another cop car already packed and another cop was standing on the passenger side of my car flashing at the back of the car. I was just like not again. I just went to jail last year. I don't need this in my life anymore. Anywayz, I came out smiling with full confidence and he asked me to get on the road pavement and stuff. He then asked me to stand straight and breath in his hand 2ce. I did. He now asked me to open my eyez wide and follow a pen he was holding without moving my head. Is this a joke? I couldn't beleive this shit. I was experiencing COPS live and direct from Chapel Hill. DAMN! Omo, I did everything he asked perfectly with all smiles and he asked me to go back in the car after I had talked to him to please give me a break. I jsut couldn't believe it. E jus be like film trick! After about 5 mins or so, he came back and asked me what it will take for me to stay below speed limit. He said I had had 3 tickets in 2 yrs and prayer for judgement and stuff and that the next ticket I get will probably have my license revoked. However, cos he is in a good mood, he will let me go this time. I almost came out of the car to hug the guy. THANK GOD!!! WHEEEW!!!! That was just God. My life would have been over if I got another ticket mehn. No driving? Naw. That's all I do for fun. Can't live without it. Thank God!

What a night!!!!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 12:09 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 2/10/2006 04:04:00 PM, Blogger Queenb said…

    Nice layout...I dont like the pale look though, makes me squint! Change it to a darker green! About the ticket, you deserve it jare, thats what you get for soliciting and encouraging prostitution! LOL
    too bad the cop let you go...I would soooo be laughing right now!
    HEHEHE

     
  • At 2/10/2006 04:22:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    tto dqueendb:
    yeah, tried darker green. It didn't look right with the image at the top of the page. Thank God you're not laughing out. :) Don't hate cos the cop let me go.

     
  • At 2/10/2006 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Elle Woods said…

    hehehehehe....stop speeding.

     
  • At 2/10/2006 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to lomo:

    lol! I know o! I am working on it o! Cruise Control and Radar Detector, here I come!

     
  • At 2/11/2006 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Smoothvibes said…

    wat a night! PLEASE CHANGE THIS LAYOUT!! it's killing my eyes. Newho.. lucky you ...You need to start obeying speed limits and start driving more responsibly though!

     
  • At 2/12/2006 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Adaure Achumba said…

    Chapel Hill cops don't play oh. But I had the same thing happen to me in Raleigh last year just because i swerved into the other lane. As in of all people to be doing 'Breathelizer' Test on it's me he decided to pick on... what a waste of tax payers money.

    As per your dressing and the gay advances-- LOL--- are you sure you weren't holding your glass with that your 'pinkie' finger up. I told you that would get you in trouble. Lol. Metro is in so don't worry about how you dress. If a gay guy hits on you don't get mad, get glad my friend. It's flattery. If you are confident with your sexuality you should be able to laugh such advancements off....UNLESS.....(lol...i kid i kid before you chop my head off)

     
  • At 2/13/2006 05:35:00 AM, Blogger Nneka's World said…

    Lol!
    This was too funny.
    First the gay scene and then the bidding, then the cops pulling you over.
    LMAO, too funny.
    Pele eh sorry oh! Dont worry, you will be alright.
    Like the layout, nice but a bit pale

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER