Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
The savings just get better!
I had an entry about a month or so ago about ING Direct. Thank God for competition and the curbing of monopoly in the United States, there are some other online savings bank offering comparable or even better rates. Capital One is currently offering 4.25% and HSBC Direct is offering 4.80%. These are very great rates if you comapre and contrast here.

  • No fees to open or maintain your account.
  • No minimum Balance.

Thank God, I already opened account with each one of these 3 online savings vehicles. I have always thought of having savings accounts for different reasons - General savings, Nyja biz, Biz here in the US, Future Home, Future Children (which a friend of mine told me about years ago concerning hmiself. He didn't even have a girlfriend then when we used to hang out, but he was putting at least $30 in an account for his future kids every month. I thought that was outstandingly prudent) and Future Wedding (lol! funny can't even commit yet, right? But, hey.. I will one day for sure). That is, in additon to 401k and other investment accounts (stocks, money market, bonds, futures, etc) which are I think are very important. Those accounts don't cover all, but hey... :)

These online savings account have finally made these accounts very possible for me. Thank God! I have always thought that in order for me to have the aforementioned accounts, I would have to have a way for it to be automatically deducted from my main account or paycheck and an easy way for me to manage it online or else I will be fooling my a$%. These online accounts make it very easy to do that. I realized that since I opened the ING account over 3 months ago. Now, with these accounts that make auto deduction and deposit so easy, I have been able to open 3 of the accounts I have always planned to have but never did or even came close. For people like me that have always known nothing but spending, open these accounts and deposit something weekly, biweekly, monthly or something. Even if it is $50 biweekly. It really does add up!!! I know that from very personal experience. Unlike before when I thought I had to clear all debts before savings, now I truly know that it is possible to pay yourself before anyone else. I always knew that saying but never did it, but pls, JUST TRY!!! Even if you are in college, that weekly $10 could add up for 4 years. And it won't stop the clubbing, partying, Aldo, Footaction, Victoria Secret, Journeys, Banana, Gap, etc in any way. lol! Think about it! And even if it does, it is worth it!

I know a lot of people are very paranoid about such online accounts, but they are FDIC insured. And for instance, Capital One and HSBC are very reputable firms that we all already know. Your money is not going anywhere. With the existence of these high yield savings accounts, I think having one's savings account with any of the brick-and-mortar banks is just very dumb. Just a personal opinion. It just doesn't make any finanical prudence sense to me. These accounts are FDIC insured and one thing they have that I was afraid they wouldn't have is ability to move the money back to the source account with a mouse click. These even applies to people in Europe - ING Direct operates in Europe too. Not sure about the rest, though. My own thing is enjoy this rates while it lasts and at the worst, if things begin to change,you move your well-earned money somewhere else at no cost. So, there is nothing to lose. I might sound like resounding cymbals, but pls, IF YOU HAVE SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH ANY OF THESE BRICK-AND-MORTAR BANKS, CLOSE THEM AND MOVE THEM TO ANY OF THESE HIGH YIELD SAVINGS ACOUNT ONLINE. Why earn less when you can still save and earn more!!!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 3:44 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER