Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Bare-naked ladies
Word Up!

If the only thing that you use in getting him is your sex appeal, how long do you think you will keep him for? Just wondering... cos sex fades...

~ Eyan


Wow, what a weekend! Nice one! Was at a Salsa/Hip-Hop party organized by my coworkers on Friday. Very nice crowd as usual. Great-looking young working class black folks doing their thing. They had 2 clubs right next to each other (actually more like a bar/club and a really nicely decorated lounge with perfect well-blended contemporarily brown-themed decor - cozy, soft and rich-looking leather sofas et al) - one was hip-hop and the other Salsa (the lounge). But how come we black folks just don't know how to try something new. We just stick to the same ol' same ol. So, we had 2 choices. But guess what! It was really one choice. My people, the bakc folks, of course, stayed in the hiphop section throughout. Pretty much all the black folks were at the hiphop section and the salsa section when i went there was drier than thinkable. I was just like how come we just can't try something new mehn. What the? We just really stick to the same ol same ol. But it was fun though. Seeing many of my coworkers goofing around and shit.

On Saturday went to a work picnic where I actually stayed on the grill pretty much throughout. Unheard of! All my life, I have always helped out at the grill for few seconds or a minute at a time, but never actually did all the grilling all day like some of the friends that I have. Did so this time around. Something new, at least. Might be organizing a cookout soon cos of this new experience of mine. : ) They celebrated some of the veterans in the company - 25 yrs and 30something. Damn! How the fuck do you work for a company for that long! How? I just wonder. You know what? Actually, it's possible. Been with the company for almost 4 yrs now and still there chilling, so I guess it's possible. Naaaaa! 25 yrs though is kind of too much. Hmmmmphhmmphhh! Hell no!

At night went to the much-awaited all-white party! Missed it for the past 2 yrs and just had to make it this year. My 1st all-white party. Always gave the all-white-attire-nono excuse but decided to try it this year and it wasn't bad really. It was mad crowded. Too many people. Live band! Fashion show! Museum artifacts (it was at a museum). All sorts of creative dresses by the ladies, I heard after the party from people. I didn't really notice the creative ones really. The only ones I noticed were the ladies that might as well have been naked for real. I mean...what the f&^*! Is that a rag or a wrapper? Which one? With the boobs all tight looking like they're going through timeout. Big time punishment! Some of those things were so pushed high up, they looked like rockets getting ready for lift up. But hey...they kept we guys busy for sure though. Got some pics but won't put them cos some of the ladies are friends' friends and they will kill me. lol!

My own thing though, like a friend said, is that I just really hope all those bare-naked ladies don't believe that's the way to get a man. I mean, if you think you will get a man with that bullshit handkerchief you have on, you got to be fucking kidding me. 4 real! Cos I'm looking at you and the only thing I am thinking is sex and not love or relationship or getting to know you or anything deep like that. It's just SEX!!!! That's it! I'm looking at the conservatively, yet stylishly dressed lady and I am thinking, damn, what a beautiful lady, I would love to wife or girlfriend you. But for me and like many other guys who attested to the same, I'm looking at this stripped or so lady and girlfriend or wife is definitely not the first thing on my mind (maybe 3rd or 4th). The only thing on mind is how I can take the "easy access" piece she has on, gain access and ravage her. Sad to say, but that's the truth...at least for a good number of guys from what I know. To me, those ladies usually think they will catch our attention and possibly have a man, but guess what, my advice to them is Good Luck and Godspeed! They definitely catch our attention alright but not in the smartest way if a real boyfriend or man is what they want. Don't get me wrong, I believe in looking sexy, but that's different from looking like sex. Maybe it's just me.

There were innumerable sexy-looking ladies there including all the friends and coworkers I saw there. Especially my date for the past few months before last week. Looking simply and elegantly gorgeous as always. There is nothing like a lady looking just amazingly simple in her sense of fashion and persona and yet outstandingly beautiful. It's an unmatchable case of oxymoron. But 4 real, that girl just always looked and still looks more beautiful to me daily - physically and heart-wise. It's a pity that regardless of that we just couldn't take things to the next level. I definitely had a great time knowing her. No doubt! But 4 real, now I know I need HEEEELLLLP and deliverance from s*j - my real reason for not being able to take it to the next level with the constant and progressive beauty. I just really fucked up with s*j and have met all these great people since her but just can't stop thinking of her. Mehn, that's for another day. Oh well, the friendship with progressive beauty is definitely working great so far...or so it seems.

I got to say though, one of the most surprising moments was with one of my coworkers. She's a hardware engineer with my company, pretty and all, but just never really cares about fashion et al, even when she does come out to events. She dresses ok but doesn't go out of her way at all. I was by the entrance and someone tapped me and said hi. I was just like hey. Then she kind of greeted me again or so. I guess she thought that I normally greet her better than that which is true, so I took a second glance at her and was dead shocked. Couldn't believe it was her. I hugged her hard and said, damn, you look GREAT! She looked like an angel 4 real. Though I had to add a clause afterwards, it's not like you don't always look great. lol! All in all, the party was great. Very nice and mature crowd. Just mad at the incredible amount of money the guys are making. And one of them works with me at work too. Like one other coworker said when I asked him to come out, "how can I pay T money to go to his party. He is my coworker for Christ's sake. We make money here and next thing, I got to take out of mine and go pay him. Hell no!" Interesting perspective. It's all good.

Anywayz, enough ramblings about the "bare-naked ladies." Had a nice forum-based meeting with some guys on Sun which was very informative for sure. ok...written quite much. Let's just say great weekend...as usual.
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 11:33 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7/28/2006 09:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey JTOL,
    its great to you that you are back to blogging full time now.

    Wow, you sure had a good time, we dont have white parties here!

    It sounds like fun..
    So this your date that you so greatly admire, how far now and why no moves yet?
    Sorry just being nosy and i love a good "love" story
    Nneka

     
  • At 7/28/2006 04:38:00 PM, Blogger soul said…

    Hey nyjaguy....
    have you ever considered the fact that sometimes girls aren't after the 'long term commitment' that they are presumed to want...
    Sometimes, girls really just wanna 'fuck and go'. No strings, no nothing.
    And sometimes girls just like being outrageous with their stuff..

    I'm seriously happy for you, but please stay away from the ice-cream from now on okay..
    oh I'm glad you found someone who you can appreciate and I'm hoping she appreciates you to. gosh..those emotions sure do feel good don't they?.

    Oh and here's hoping that the 'runnings' are profitable and I get a cut of the cheque lol

     
  • At 7/28/2006 06:43:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to Nneka:
    thx, i dey try blog full time. e no easy. you guys dey try o! : ) I definitely had a great time at the all-white party. It was a lot of fun for sure. Surprised you guys don't have such. You should come together with someone over there and organize one. start an entertainment grp or something, that maybe does just classy events like that and is known for pulling nice crowd. there is too much money in it, for real. Like one of my friends said looking around, "I can't belive Wall Street have not caught onto this!"

    Feel free to be nosy. Love story? I beg o, Ms Nneka. Small small. Love ke. For where? : ) Yeah, I really like her and all, but we had to choose to be friends cos commitment is actually a dreadful thing to me. Though I have to admit that in this case though, I was this close (and I mean very close) to committing to her, but I found myself in a situation where I couldn't stop thinking of someone I used to date (s*j) and things ended abruptly cos I fucked up with some unnecessary drama showing up back then - sure you heard about it : ) - and then this same ol issue of commitment. So, I decided to remain friends with the date. She's an outstanding lady but as much as I admire her and she looks more beautiful to me daily (and for real, I mean daily : ). It blows my mind for real), I just don't feel it's fair on her to go ahead and be with her like that when I keep thinking of someone else. Kind of complicated, I know. : ) I wish I could commit regardless of knowing that I am not going to do what it entails, but I just can't. Don't know how to say I am committed if I am not completely all about the person. Never done it! But I guess, such is life! The friendship is going great right now though and thank God for that. No more smoochies, like she calls it. :)

    I see you're enjoying life o. visiting everywhere! lol! Na u o! Enjoy!


    to soul:
    Where are those girls, o, Soul? Where can I find them for real? I need their numbers. lol! Just "Fuck and go"? (sounds like touch and go). Damn! That's wassup! lol! You're right! True that! Sometimes, they just want to put it out there. Tru!

    Trust me, I have been too hesitant to take Ice Cream since then. I still have 2 cases in the freezer and I keep looking at them everyday, tempted to take some, but so far, haven't. : )

    Yea, found me a great lady for sure (she really is), but I am just going to stick with friendship as I TRIED to explain to Nneka above. And I can relate with the emotions for sure. It sure feels good, but right now, I'm in a mix, so friendship is just better to be fair on myself and her. Besides, she's like 2 yrs older than and I don't want to waste her time.

    I pray the "runnings" are profitable too o by God's grace. I sure will send the check (not cheque, lady :) just kidding. you know how Americans are. they just had to change the spelling to check sha) your way when the profits roll in. Might actually end up visiting England in October if I accept the offer that has been extended to me by my folks over there, so I might mail you some of the dough then. : ) Hope say everything dey with you! Enjoy, eyin ti London!

     
  • At 7/29/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said…

    what soul said is so right...maybe they dressed that way because they've got sex on their minds too...they're just trying to hit it and run...

    boy when do you rest...work all week...party all weekend...:-)
    it's all good...do all you can while you can...

    & goodluck w/your runs

     
  • At 8/18/2006 09:27:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to diamondhawk:
    hey...pls let me know where those ladies are. Hit and run. : )

    True that. To be frank all I do is work and have fun for real. Nothing else. But working on doing more and more work for sure. Thanks for the wishes. I wish you the same and much more.

    And preach on sister! Saw your new blog. Pastor D. : )

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER