Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Thursday, March 09, 2006
The epidemic going down?
Cigarette sales hit its lowest in 55 years last yr. 378 billion cigarettes sold in the United States last year marked the lowest number sold since 1951, a time period in which the U.S. population more than doubled. The sales declined 4.2% from 2004. Those things are so addictive. I mean...I have a friend that we were once travelling and I told him he couldn't smoke in my car. He kept on trying to convince him but I insisted that we were just like 20 mins from our destinations. He didn't find it funny but I insisted. At a point he now claimed he had to pick up something from the trunk of the car to give someone over the phone. Of course, I knew he was lying. I stopped and the speed at which he literally jumped out of the car and lighted the cigarette was incredible. I just thought to myself, "Wow, what an addiction?" He couldn't wait for just 40 more mins! Damn!!! The habit just doesn't make sense. I take smoke into my body and puff some out. WTF? Isn't that an indication that it's a hazardous habit? Tobacco causes over 400,000 deaths in the US alone every year making it the largest preventable cause of death. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I guess I can't really talk cos I have done it only once but the statistics say it all.

Anywayz, I really thank God Almighty for this sales decline cos that is one habit I can never understand. Could this be a sign that the fight against cigarette is being won slowly ? Could this be a sign that the smoking-related diseases are going down?I really pray so cos those things are definitely some addictive killer sticks!!!! The fight is being fought from all sides. Kentucky state employers have to pay at $30 extra for their health insurance for smoking. Many other companies are doing the same thing too. They are charging smokers extra for health insurance cos smokers' health issues are costing them extra. I guess all these measures are beginning to help. Cigarette makers better start looking for alternative revenue generator like Phillip Morris did!
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 10:36 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3/09/2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger soul said…

    Hey,

    I guess they'll just keep on aggressively attacking the African and Carribean markets.

    As most tobacco companies have already declared that their is a massive market in Africa which they are aggressively exploiting.
    (sigh).
    And since they have sponsorship money, they will suceed in Africa.. cos it seems we only look out for money and nothing else.

    I speak as someone who has not had a cigarette in 6months and spend every day praying that I can continue to keep away from one.

     
  • At 3/09/2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    Soul, you are dead right about that. Never thought of that perspective - Africa. They always make that place a dumping ground. Constant Gardener says it all. And our bastard leaders don't care. All they truly care about is their bank accts. F%^^&&& bastards!!!

    6 months is great for sure, but pls pls, don't give up. Great feats never come easy. Never. If it's easy, it's not worth it!

    It's funny I could slightly relate with smokers some months back. I tried stopping soda consumption cos I am the greatest soda addict in the world that I know of. I tried so many times in the past to stop it for just even 1 week, I couldn't, but about 2 months ago, I was able to do it for weeks. For real, it was no joke. Every time I saw a bottle of Coke or Pepsi, I was so drawn to it. It was too tempting. I felt like I was looking at a perfectly shaped woman with perfect curves and perfectly shaped round perky breasts naked in front of me and telling me to come when I knew I had a wife at home. lol! I mean...it was unbelievable. I was just like wow, this is a taste of what smokers that try to quit go through. And nicotine is supposed to be immeasurably more addictive than sugar. Wow! I succeeded to do it for weeks this time around - first time in over 5 years.

    Soul, don't give up, pls! It's not worth your precious life!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER