Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Thursday, March 09, 2006
It was nostalgic!
A friend of mine got free tickets to MEAC tournament game yesterday and asked me if I was interested in going. Hey..it's free. Why not? And for God's sake, it's my school playing against Hampton. I love my alma mater and all, but knowing them, I thought they would have lost, so I didn't bother attempting to go watch them play. But hey...this was a free ticket and moreso, it was free tickets to the NC State's Chancellor's booth at the RBC Center. Can't beat that! Wore my one and only school's throwback that I bought last homecoming to work in order to get to the game on time. Everyone at work thought I was crazy. I went from wearing dress shirts and dress pants to wearing throwbacks. Variety is the spice of life, I told one of them. Anywayz, we got to the stadium few minutes after the game started. That was my first time of being in a VIP booth at a stadium. It was really nice, I got to say. They had nice black leather bar stools and sofas with glass center tables. There was a kitchen there with waiters to serve us if needed though when I needed to eat my ghetto self walked out to get the food myself from the concession stand rahter than ask one of the waiters. We sat there with glass in the front and walls by the side seperating us from the rest of the peasants like my friend says. lol! But it was a nice feeling, just chilling watching the game from a VIP booth.

The place was barely filled with people. Men, the difference was so clear from the championships/tournaments of other leagues that I have seen on TV (ACC et al). Those ones are always crowded, but this place didn't have too many people. However, there was this aura of nostalgia that I felt in the place. It reminded me of the homecoming games that I never missed for anything when I was in school. Seeing all the old alumnis with their kids and gradkids playing all over the place. Watching the bands go against each other one at a time. The cheerleaders. It was very refreshing and it was the same here at RBC Center in Raleigh.

One of my reasons for going to the game was the band. If you haven't heard a black school's band play, you haven't heard sh^t! Straight up! You are missing out BIG TYME! They are the best. It's amazing what those guys can do. Damn! Any song. Just name it! Any!!!! But to my disappointment, my school's band was not there, but they had the cheerleaders there. Damn! Those cheerleaders were uummmmph! Damn! Slim and thick ass ladies!!! Lord!!! UMMMMMMPHH! Oluwa o! lol! They were hot! But got to admit, the Hampton cheerleaders were on fire. They were finer! Those girls were fiiiinneeee! Mehn, black women are gorgeous, I got to say. What!!! The thing I liked about both cheerleading teams is each team had the spectrum - skinny, slim, thick, short, tall, dark, light, name it! Just the way, it should be! It was nice. And at a point, I had to tell my friend that I went with, were these girls screened for asses? I mean, everyone of them had the badunkadum!!! :) Even the skinny ones! The Hampton band did a good job, but definitely not like my school's band would have done. Never! :) I wonder why they didn't make it. That's really odd!

The game started with both teams competing well against each other. 17-15;17-17;19-17; etc something of that nature. But by the 2nd half, my school was leading. Coming here, I didn't expect them to win, but with their competitive plays and lead, they gave me hope, so I got into the game. But about 8 minutes to the end of the game, my school started f^&*&^% up really bad - turnovers, fouls, faulty offensive plays, bad offensive finishes, etc. It was like my school's players had amnesia all of a sudden; they suddenly forgot there was something called rebound. Their rebounds went to 0, zuch, lieterally. Next thing, Hampton was leading by 10. It was very annoying to say the least. My school tried and tried,playing a very aggressive game, but Hampton replied them with a much more aggresive and impenetrable defense. We lost! They actually gave me hope that I didn't have in them and next thing, they dashed the hope against the wall. But it's all good! The whole experience took me back to the good ol' days. Loved every second of the experience for sure!

Now, can't wait for the weekend. Several events going on in the area. Here are some links to events going on in the area:

http://www.bluegoosenc.com/
http://www.omni-ventures.com/alist/alist_MEAC2006_promo.html
http://www.omni-ventures.com/alist/meac2006guide.html
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 2:23 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER