Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Thursday, August 24, 2006
FINALLY!!!

Eyo ooooo, eeeee eyo oooo! Eyo baba n tawa .... Memories of the days I used to go see Eyo with my mom and the "whole family." I don't know why that comes to mind but I am just dead excited right now. Can't wait!

I remember when I was leaving - how I thought I would be back to see everyone the next year with all sorts of gifts for my peeps! The next year came, couldn't, next year, next year, next year and it has been almost a decade without making it there! I really just thank God that it is finally here! Finally!


I will be in Nyja this year by the special grace of God, after almost a decade. Wow! Yes o! Paid for my ticket weeks ago and finally got it today. E ba mi ki Hallelluyah meje ati abo! (Shout 7 Hallelluyahs on my behalf). lol! It has been quite ironic. Back then, when I was in Nyja, I remember we used to call one of our uncles here in US, Baba Ilu Oyinbo (the Father of the Western world or more literally Father of the White World) jokingly. Like my siblings joke around, over the years, I have pretty much become that. Thank God the joke is over now, though! I can't wait to make it to Nyja this year. Mehn, finally!!! I will finally get to see awon ti temi (my own peoples)! After all these years! Thank God! Like I used to pray, Pls God go before me to Nyja, be behind me, be all around me!!!!

I can just imagine everything will look strange yet the same to me. I pray and hope I will get some great and outstanding business opportunities as I go there in December. Even if I don't (which I know I will by God's grace), maybe I will get to see some Eyo in Lag or Oro Festival in Ijebu. Omo, Nigeria, here I come o! : )
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 11:08 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 8/25/2006 04:29:00 AM, Blogger LondonBuki said…

    Me and you are in the same boat oh. I haven't been back home since 1998!!! I am going in January for my friend's wedding! Everyone been saying I should be prepared for a shock... hmmm!!! We'll see sha.

    I remember Eyo oh and having to remove your shoes! I was so young the last time I saw them though! Do they still exist?

     
  • At 8/25/2006 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Smoothvibes said…

    Lol.... Lucky you! Like how long ago did u visit naija?

     
  • At 8/25/2006 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to londonbuki:
    I feel you! I feel better then. Just a little longer than you. :) People keep telling me the same. Telling me I will have culture shock in my own land. Story! I wonder if Eyos still exist too.

    to smoothvibes:
    been over 9 years mehn. God help me o! : ) Pray for me o!

     
  • At 8/25/2006 06:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why are you try to make me feel bad and feel like am missing something by not visiting Najia in a long long time. I don't have good memories of naija and do sometime miss the good times I had but it not enough reason to visit. Visit for what? to be remind of how there is no light every nite, armed robbers robbing and killing people, the traffic jam that is senseless. I do love living here and for now till i relocate to another country-this is home.

     
  • At 8/25/2006 08:56:00 PM, Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said…

    oh yeah...be ready when you go home...everything is going to look DARK and DINGY at first...then you get used to it.

    As far those masquerades...VERYYYYYYY scary...werent there some that would walk on stilts and stuff...i thot they were all evil...i dont think even now i'll want to be anywhere close to one

    just know that the weight is now 50lbs for luggages...so be careful how you pack

     
  • At 8/26/2006 06:31:00 AM, Blogger soul said…

    First things first.
    This John Mayer song has to be one of my most favourite songs in the world. it just makes me sit back and nod my head (smile)

    Anyway, prior to last year nov, I hadn't been home since 1996. I couldn't let it be 10years so I literally decided in a couple of days to go away. I applied for the visa on Mon, picked it up on Wed. and was on the plane on thursday.
    It just had to be done. I stayed away from lagos though (that place is just to busy for me) I went to Abuja and really enjoyed it. African time was still in full effect for most things (concerts billed to start at 8pm started at 2am!)
    but it was still fun sha, I couldn't move or go anywhere without people trying to give me stuff.
    I'd go to the market and end up with free things instead of paying.
    I went to the bookstore and ended up with a free cyprian Ekwensi book, cos the guy felt bad that the book I wanted wasn't there.

    I hardly paid for any internet cafe use, I felt safe meeting people, chilling e.t.c.
    The music was fire, the clubbing was phenominal.. and since I have a thing for hausa men I was erm in heaven.
    And I happened to catch the Abuja carnival as well, which was fabulous.
    Oh and I got chatted up by 2 girls lol. I guess Abuja was definitely an experience for me.

     
  • At 9/01/2006 06:16:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to belle:
    Mehn, I really thought I was the only one in the world that had been away from home for too long. : ) I feel better now. yes o, eyo smacked the hell out of you if you were wearing shoes or something like that.

    to annonymous:
    To be frank, I feel you on all the negative things going on there and that hasn't encouraged me to go in the past years either, but having most of my family back there makes it nmandatory for me to go back at some point in time...especially if they are not interested in coming to live here. Mehn, I am dead nervous about going cos of all the negativities for real.

    to diamond hawk:
    thanks for the encouragement. yeah always though some of those masquerades were evil too but now, I just think it's our culture and we need to embrace it. Adn the way I see it is, even if it is evil, the Good Book says, "if you believe in Him....nothing shall by any means hurt you." So fear not, ms diamond hawk. :) Yeah right, I wish I could believe all that cos I am dead nervous about going home. I guess cos I feel like that verse doesn't apply to me since I don't live that life anymore. But hey...

    yes o, heard the weight is now 50 lbs. That's just messed up. Those bastards just have to make money...somehow.

    to soul:
    Yes o,, that John Mayer's song is too useful and powerful.

    Since 96? Mehn, you and Belle make me fill good...for real. Yes, sometimes one just has to get up and do something that one has always postponed. Just Do It! Lagos is all I know. No choice. I will try to visit Abuja while I'm there and see what it's like. Black folks and their African time is just a sad story.. You are a lady, so people being nice is not so rare but I can imagine, it might be different for me as a guy. But we'll see...

    Now, the clubbing, I got to try. Just to see what it's like. Abuja carnival. Hmmm. That's new to me. Interesting. I guess they got that from the West Indies Carnival at TBS back in the days. Lol! You and these your chicks chatting you up. Been there before too when I was working part-time for a clothing retail store earlier this year. lol! That's some crazy shit. But in Nyja? I heard the whole gay thing is getting crazy in Nyja too. That's sad, mehn!

    to bent out of shape:
    thx. At least, you have been home more recently than I have (based on your blog), if I'm right. : ) I will definitely be taking a whole lot of pics. Though I get to be careful. Don't want to look like a JJC. :) By the way, I love your PhotoBlog like crazy! Great work!!!! I had to look at the camera you were using. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 9/01/2006 09:52:00 PM, Blogger Adaure Achumba said…

    GOOD FOR YOU... HOW MUCH, WHERE DID YOU BUY YOUR TICKET FROM AND WHAT AIRLINE? i AM STILL SHOPPING FOR MINE O. EMAIL ME WITH THE INFO. HOPEFULLY I SHALL SEE YOU IN LASGIDI!!!

     
  • At 9/06/2006 03:02:00 PM, Blogger Tutsy said…

    Love the Eyo picture u posted above....i am totally feeling it.....now thats what the hell i'm taking about....we lagos folks gotta rep.....lol. So u will be in Lagos in December? nice one....will be in Naija too...hope to see u on the other side of the ocean. Together we will paint that state BLOOD RED!!!

     
  • At 9/07/2006 04:07:00 PM, Blogger DiAmOnD hawk said…

    um....JTOL...just thot of somn...when you go back can you bring back the rectangular okin biscuits? :-) PLEASE? LOL
    Hope you had a nice labor day weekend

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER