Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Monday, August 28, 2006
At long last....
Word Up!

When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish that you felt this good again.

~ Jack Bauer


At long last, the best show on TV ever - 24 - got what it ALWAYS deserved - 5 Emmy Awards - including the more than well-deserved Lead Actor in a Drama Series award. Jack Bauer (more like Kiefer Sutherland, I guess : ) ), most definitely deserves it. The depth with which Kiefer immersed (and will be immersing cos I'm sure he won't disappoint next season... he better not) himself in the character is unarguably unmatched to me on TV. That guy makes you feel like you are in the wrong career path; he just makes you think you should be a CTU Agent. : ) Now, got to get season 4 and 5 on DVD on Black Friday. Hopefully they will be on $20 sale again. Most def can't wait for season 6 to start - emerging from being tortured by the Chinese government and all. Hmmm....NOW, THAT WILL BE WILD! Congrats, Kiefer Sutherland!!! I just wish Jean Smart made the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series award cos hmmph hmmmph mehn, that woman has the best looking juggs for any woman of her age. Ok, not just that. : ) She did an outstanding job in her role. : )

All my life, I have never really been a sneaker person. Always wore everything else but sneakers until recent years. I just always saw those things as too expensive especially the Basketball shoes. $150, $125. In some cases, as much as $200 or probably more that I don't even know about. Those shit were (and are) just too expensive making the lives of some parents miserable cos their kids always wanted them. Crazy! That's just pure madness to me. I started wearing them some years back but the most I have paid for any is $80 for my #1 - Adidas Racer Low (LOVE THEM!!!). Always heard people complain here and there, especially parents but none of the people in positions that could change the price gouging ever did. They just helped the shoe giants like Nike rip people off the more, with profits as much as $1.8 billion in quarter ending in May 06, just to mention. They make the shoes for chump change in Asia and make incredible profits charging we, the ever-flamboyant ones exorbitant prices. Not their fault, really...I guess.


Was listening to Clark Howard earlier on today and at long last, someone of famous repute is finally stepping up to the plate to help curb this unnecessary rip-offs by the giants. Stephon Marbury has opened his own line of shoes to help make sneakers affordable. His shoes go as low as $9. Unbelievable, right! Yep! I thought so, too! Till I checked it out - STARBURY.COM. The shoes look great...to me! Some of them might need some work here and there, but I don't believe they look cheap or of less quality at all. Though, that's a whole different story...especially when you think about the market segement targeted by the makers of such shoes. Their (as well as many of us as blacks) mentality is, if it's not name brand, it's nothing! But I think that will be taken care of if more people join him. I very much commend him for this. It's definitely much needed. Keep up the good work, Marbury!!! Kudus!!! Great initiative! You already got one customer - I guess I will finally get my first Jordan-like shoes! :) Could never get myself to pay that much for those shoes.

I really hope many other people that have the capacity to establish companies will follow his footsteps and consequently help consumers bring down the prices of those shoes. To be frank, I got to say that I am surprised he was able to get this point without those bastard mammoths crushing his dream. I really just wonder how far his dream will go cos I am very nervous about the potential longetivity of this great work, suddenly, cut by the robeasts out there. I just hope his line only gets better and bigger. I really really really hope so...
posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 4:52 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8/29/2006 06:56:00 PM, Blogger NaijaBloke said…

    Omo am addicted to that show man.I need to buy all 5 seasons.I need to check Amazon for it sef.

    Nice blog ..thx for stopping by on my blog

     
  • At 9/01/2006 06:18:00 AM, Blogger Just Thinking Out Loud! said…

    to naijabloke:
    yep, that's the best show ever...to me. Got the 1st 3 seasons on DVD. They were on sale at Best Buy on Black Friday last year for $20 each. I am hoping it will be the same this year too.

     
  • At 9/14/2006 10:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey wat the deal son, where u been & wats up with the whole bloggin stuff.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER