Just Thinking Out Loud!

Just an immigrant in US with a positive attitude towards life. Here thinking out loud about sex, Nigeria, love, friendship, religion, spritiuality, family, history, mistakes, DJing, gadgets, sports, credit, technology, hobbies, politics, Africa, jokes, relationships, gadgets, finances, money, investments, Nigerians in the diaspora and so on and so forth.

Some 2K10 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Paint entire house
  • Set up entire downstairs including garage
  • Reduce credit card debt by at least $2k
  • Pay off any miscellaneous debt
  • Most definitely get into a committed relationship
  • Most definitely send money to mom for a new car
  • Take time to develop relationships
  • At least, 2 patents
  • Aggresively work on developing iPhone App dev skills
  • Create a webpage for DJing
  • Expand my career breadth
  • Visit London
  • Join Toastmasters
  • Create a will and a Power of Attorney 4 Healthcare
  • Take complete control of soda drinking
  • Work on taking a CPR class
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K7 Goals by God's special grace n power
  • Finally buy some Nyja stocks
  • Get a loaded Thinkpad or Sony Vaio
  • Join MentorPlace n consistently mentor
  • Put at least $2K in stocks apart from investment club contr. & 401k
  • Take complete control of coffee
SO, HELP ME GOD!
Some 2K6 Goals by God's grace
  • Have a white paper published
  • Work on increasing pay
  • Get to the next band at work
  • Help renovate mom's place
  • Give mom n bro at least $*K each for wedding
  • Finally visit Nyja!!!
  • Take a real estate class
My Videos
Go Getta. R. Kelly
Music I'm Feeling...
  • 2Face
  • Ebenezer Obey
  • KWAM 1
  • Cassandra Wilson
  • Pharell
  • Ne-Yo
  • T.O.K
  • Don Moen
  • D4L
  • Teddy Pendergrass
  • ColdPlay
  • DMB
  • Notorious B.I.G
  • Delirious
  • Dem Franchise Boyz
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Evanescence
  • All-American Rejects
  • Billie Holiday
  • Seal
  • Obesere
  • KEM
Books I'm reading...
  • Zero Debt
  • The Millionaire Next Door
  • The Street Lawyer
  • African Women: Three Generations
  • Communication, Sex & Money
  • The J2EE Tutorial
Cities I Have Visited
  • ATL, GA
  • Austin,TX
  • Detroit, MI
  • Houston, TX
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Corning, NY
  • NYC, NY
Friday, September 29, 2006
Bill Clinton keeps it real...for realz... :)
Word Up!

The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough.

~ Bede Jarrett

I know it's kind of late, but haven't had a chance to blog about it. I remember sitting down in front of TV glued to the screen and watching the debates and news during the Clinton campaign for presidency in the 90s in Nigeria (Also, Voice of America was a constant companion of my best friend and I back then in UNIBEN! Mehn, I need to call that guy. Been a while). I did it so much that my mom started calling me Clinton's son. She still says it till today everytime his name comes up. She never really got it. Bill Clinton, unlike a lot of politicians had this unreal persona. He was very intelligent and at the same time very down-to-earth. He was just real! If there is one thing I love in this world, it is a combination of profound intelligence and down-to-earth nature in a person. You rarely find that combo. But with Clinton, you did. I mean, you listened to him and you just saw a regular person that you could talk to unlike most of those politicians who are just pretenders, conniving and unapproachable. You saw him and he was just relatable. He just kept it real.

To me, he manifested this unusual human persona again this last Sunday. Many people must have seen and heard about the interview he had with FOX News Chris Wallace. The videos are all over youtube.com and have been the most popular videos this week. The interview started on a normal note but when Chris Wallace brought up the question about how everyone wanted to know why he didn't do more to take care of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda when he was the president, he did what most politicians will probably not do. My boy gave Chris a piece of his mind! He showed that he was a human being with emotions just like everyone else on the street who did the voting. He let Chris Wallace and his whole crew have it like I haven't seen before on News Channels by any president or let me say most politicans. Very unscripted, very heartfelt, very free-styled, very candid! Can't beat it! And I loved it! Very relatable like I said earlier before. Unlike those fake ass politicians that act like they are on some crappy pedestal.

And as usual, I love the media! : ) They are just so predictable. Just as expected, the bastards portrayed his candid rhetorics as negative. Some people also said the same. They said that he went mad or lost his cool. Fuck that shit!!!! He is human! One can only take so much as a person especially when as a person, you very rarely lose your cool cos I don't remember him getting angry or losing his cool in public. Ok. maybe during the I-did-not-have-any-sexual-relations-witht-that-woman saga! : ) But for real, his expression was sincere and real. "...so I tried and failed." "...That's just a bunch of bull." lol! Wow! How many politicans can ever say that? How many? I mean...I swear mehn you can't beat that. Never!

And that is precisely why I have always admired Clinton as a person. His contant show of his everyday-person-on-the-street nature; his sincerity as a person (which have always been undeniable and contagious, in my own view). He just always keeps it real. He is just one of those people that says his mind without mincing words and also delivers it with notable intelligence. I had no problem with his expression of what he felt. In fact, I was very excited about the way he just let it all out without caring about whether he was on the air or not. I can relate with him in so many ways. Many times, as people, you have all these bullshit said about you by people and you just brush it aside like it's no big deal. And many times, it's truly no big deal. However, there comes a time when you just have to defend yourself as a person and that's just what he did. People had been saying all sort of bullshit about how he didn't care about terrorism especailly the right wingers. How he was weak when it came to terrorism et al. How he never too terrorists seriously. Bullshit! He did. He just tackled it with tact. He tried to kill Bin Laden and other terrorists using covert operations. Personally, I think that makes more sense. Going all the way out into countries just doesn't cut it, as has been made obvious to all to see now. (I must say though that it is too late for the US to pack their baggage and get out of Iraq after the chaos they have caused. I don't support leaving now that "the chips are broken.")

One thing I also like that he said was that that question was on the mind of people only because of the propanganda being spread around by the completely slanted and ideology-oriented media. Incredibly true! Can't be more true than that!

Clinton, go on boy! And oh ... by the way, I am sure the democrats are glad that he expressed himself anywayz. He definitely made a point for the democrats and must have gotten some of the people that felt the democrats were weak terrorism-wise to the democrats' side. Clinton's down-to-earth nature, humaneness and exceptional brilliance always leaves me dumbfounded. Politicans really need to learn something from him and keep it real! Much love, BC!!!

Clinton on FOX - Part 1


Clinton on FOX - Part 2



And I love John Stewart's analysis of the whole thing (Really? Who the fuck are you? lol):

Labels:

posted by Just Thinking Out Loud! @ 10:15 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eyan
Email: nyjaguy@gmail.com Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Some Of D Blogs That I Read
Some of D Sites I Visit
Bible Verse of D Day
Visitors

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER